Can A faulty SSD Cause A System Shutdown With No Bluescreen?

TheRealDannyyy

My SSD with Windows 10 on it has been causing some issues lately. After switching out the sata cables to fix the other issues previously mentioned. I just experienced a random shutdown, followed by my system getting stuck and not booting at all (not even the bios). I had to press the power button for 5sec to restart it properly and now everything works fine again.

Now to my problem. There are no Windows dumps or event viewer "critical" events logged.

Is it possible for a faulty SSD to cause this or could other hardware be at fault?

System info:

• Windows 10 Pro 20h2 [OS installed on SSD]
  • ASRock B450 Steel Legend AMD B450 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail [BIOS: P3.20]
  • SSD: 480GB Kingston A400 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s TLC NAND (SA400S37/480G) [330gb free space]
  • HDD: 2000GB WD Red WD20EFAX 5.400U/min 256MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s [1tb free space]
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
  • 32gb Ram at 3000MHz
  • 600 Watt be quiet! System Power 9 Non-Modular 80+ Bronze

2 minutes ago, TheRealDannyyy said:

followed by my system getting stuck and not booting at all (not even the bios)

That is not a symptom of SSD failure though. I never seen a SSD failure that caused device to not turn on, your issue is something else. I am leaning towards lack of CPU/MEM stability.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

That is not a symptom of SSD failure though. I never seen a SSD failure that caused device to not turn on, your issue is something else. I am leaning towards lack of CPU/MEM stability.

I might have not been clear enough. It basically restarted itself but got stuck in the startup sequence (fan testing and so on). Again after forcing it off and starting it as usual, it worked just fine.

33 minutes ago, CreativeName642 said:

Have you tried booting into BIOS? If it is the SSD then it should get there just fine. 

As i said. It boots just fine. The problem is that it shutdown and attempted to restart itself but failed to do so.

There is no info for why it did this and I'm trying to find the cause for it.