The 20 biggest announcements from yesterday's Nintendo Direct

wall03
20 hours ago, Dr_Whom said:
On 2/20/2021 at 1:59 AM, Video Beagle said:

Oh sorry, I figured it was common knowledge among BotW fans lol

Ah.. I'm not a BOTW fan...I haven't played it but have heard it's onr of the best games ever, thus wanting a PC port so i can try it.🙂

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

8 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

Ah.. I'm not a BOTW fan...I haven't played it but have heard it's onr of the best games ever, thus wanting a PC port so i can try it.🙂

The chances of a BOTW port for PC are approximately zero, so you might want to budget for a Switch instead!

10 hours ago, comander said:

That doesn't do a damn thing if there's ever a subpoena and your drive is confiscated and there's a court order to decrypt it. 

Ballpark - 100 things at $100,000+ each(not even the maximum fee) = bankruptcy. Possible prison sentence. 

The prison sentence would mean terrible career ramifications. Let's say -200k per year over 20 years. 

The calculus works out that if there's more than a 0.075% chance of that worst case scenario occurring then it makes sense for me to just buy everything. 

Another tail end event - malware wipes out my financial accounts and there's no legal consequences... If there's a 1/1000 chance of that... It's also a losing proposition. 

Basically piracy mainly makes sense if you have nothing going for you in life. I have a 6 figure income and business dealings that drastically up the chance of legal risk. I'd rather pay 0.03% of my career earnings and not worry about the BS. 

---

The above assumes my time and energy has no value, that there's no sentimental utility to things like backed up online saves, etc. If not pirating stuff and dealing with BS saves me 1 hour per year... I'm ahead. 

----

Also your "solution" misses about 50 other things that could be used to track a person. It might have worked in 1995 if those things existed. You're missing about 25 years of developments in telemetry and tracking that can still identify people. E.g. browser finger printing, cookies, assessing mouse movement patterns, assessing typing patterns, etc. Screen resolution, browser window size, is + browser version, etc. even a few of those are enough to uniquely identify a person. 

Why would you ever download stuff on a work computer in the first place? As for the other forms of tracking, none of them are available to the RIAA/MPAA/game companies in any way that connects one to downloaded material.

On 2/18/2021 at 4:35 AM, Aereldor said:

Breath of the Wild 2 is the new Elder Scrolls 6 at this point. What's it been, almost 2 years since that teaser? 

I see everyone has forgotten about Metroid Prime 4...

7 hours ago, descendency said:

I see everyone has forgotten about Metroid Prime 4...

Teaser was literally the number 4 though, which was a lot less than we got for either Botw 2 or TES 6