How do I get two colors on Aura for my case

SquiddyButler

I just recently built my pc, and am trying to get two colors together on Aura but don't know how.

4 hours ago, SquiddyButler said:

I just recently built my pc, and am trying to get two colors together on Aura but don't know how.

what do you mean 2 colors?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what do you mean 2 colors?

Something like this, just two colors mixed? I don't know how else to say it lol

Screenshot_20210218-090300.png

9 hours ago, SquiddyButler said:

Something like this, just two colors mixed? I don't know how else to say it lol

Screenshot_20210218-090300.png

oh no idea.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I believe those are Digitally addressable LED Fans. Having a 2 multi-tone effect off of one RGB strip/fan/device requires each LED to be addressed individually. This allows the color to propagate from one LED to the next giving the displayed gradient across the whole fan that you see in those pictures. Each digital/program cycle, the color shifts giving the color rotation effect.
If your MOBO RGB header is a 4 pin, more than likely you won't be able to accomplish this as intended. 4-pin Headers are usually 12Volt, R, G, & B. This type of LED header is only capable of displaying one color at a time on an entire strip connected to the 1x 4-pin header.

If you have 2x 4-pin RGB headers, you could have 2 different colors in your system, however, not like you have pictured. But with 2 strips, 2 colors, simultaneously.

Currently, Digital-RGB (D-RGB) aka Addressable-RGB (A-RGB) is a 3 pin header on Motherboards. What you see in that picture is actually ≈10 LED's (on one strip), each with a different RGB code (255, 255, 255,), simultaneously.

If your Motherboard doesn't support the standard 3-pin dRGB/ARGB, I would recommend searching for an aftermarket dRGB/ARGB controller. Either from the fan manufacturer, or a 3rd party if you want to accomplish the task at hand. If you go the 3rd party route, do your homework/research/ask to make sure the controller supplies the correct voltage and correct behind the scenes programming, or has native "Aura" support if the fans support that technology.
If your LED device and controller support Aura, it's simple plug and play, or at least it should be.

4 hours ago, brAce4Ace said:

I believe those are Digitally addressable LED Fans. Having a 2 multi-tone effect off of one RGB strip/fan/device requires each LED to be addressed individually. This allows the color to propagate from one LED to the next giving the displayed gradient across the whole fan that you see in those pictures. Each digital/program cycle, the color shifts giving the color rotation effect.
If your MOBO RGB header is a 4 pin, more than likely you won't be able to accomplish this as intended. 4-pin Headers are usually 12Volt, R, G, & B. This type of LED header is only capable of displaying one color at a time on an entire strip connected to the 1x 4-pin header.

If you have 2x 4-pin RGB headers, you could have 2 different colors in your system, however, not like you have pictured. But with 2 strips, 2 colors, simultaneously.

Currently, Digital-RGB (D-RGB) aka Addressable-RGB (A-RGB) is a 3 pin header on Motherboards. What you see in that picture is actually ≈10 LED's (on one strip), each with a different RGB code (255, 255, 255,), simultaneously.

not only that only some software can allow to do that. my guess is corsair and aquacomputer. passably termaltake but i dont no. dont no about aura i think it depends on chip set. it seem the more you spend on an mb the better the rgb options is.(but not guaranteed)

Edited by thrasher_565

Probably more cost effective to grab a usb rgb hub that matches the end users requirements. If those are even available. I need to investigate and update myself with what rgb has to offer the market. 😅

1 hour ago, brAce4Ace said:

Probably more cost effective to grab a usb rgb hub that matches the end users requirements. If those are even available. I need to investigate and update myself with what rgb has to offer the market. 😅

its really confusing. i dont own all the usb controllers nor do i have any mb with rgb headers. i did build 1 pc with asrock and it software was so bad i used the case built in controller instead... but that was also the cheaps mb that i could find with argb.rgb headers so keep that in mind.

i own a few usb controllers but only installed the software to see what it can do only tested to see if it lights up. i no corsair seems to be the best but like i said above.

once i do get things up an running ill see if i cna make a guide on what i own and what option you can do.

usb controllers i own thermaltake, corsair, aquacomputer, crap coolermaster, nzxt,crap zalman,

i dont own lian li, razer, asus, ek, lamptron

ek is still bata there the new guys

asus i think there controller was discontinued

I hear ya brother. I'm actually intrigued by what you know about the current market availability for controllers. Would you mind if we pm'ed? I'm a long time member like yourself, but only recently became active. I see you in the LED section of mods a lot. I'd like to know some of your experience and possible goals. I am also an LED enthusiast and have some ideas rolling around if you're interested.

2 hours ago, brAce4Ace said:

I hear ya brother. I'm actually intrigued by what you know about the current market availability for controllers. Would you mind if we pm'ed? I'm a long time member like yourself, but only recently became active. I see you in the LED section of mods a lot. I'd like to know some of your experience and possible goals. I am also an LED enthusiast and have some ideas rolling around if you're interested.

ya can pm me any time

i have a guide and link in my sing you will find helpfull

i need to make more guides as people keep asking the same question over and over im just not the best at typing, spieling, or presentation witch to some can make my info confusing.

i want to make an guide and what is a strip how dose it work what the difference form rgb,argb what connectors are there so on

also alot of people get case that have built in argb/argb controllers and they dont no how it works or to hook it up but the problem is there so many different options looks and connectors off of them but i guess i can try.

also my build log tells the story of my rgb (be leave it or not my build had no rgb in it)

Edited by thrasher_565