Corsair HS60 microphone too quiet??

Adam P

I recently got a Corsair HS60 Pro Surround because I needed a good set of headphones for a decent price. Mine were on sale at Best Buy for $50, 20 dollars less than the original price.  This was a great deal, but after my mom demanded that I give her my microphone because her laptop microphone stopped working, I started to use the headset mic. However, after listening to recordings and talking to friends, I have realized that the microphone is disgustingly quiet. Does anyone who has any fixes?

2 minutes ago, Adam P said:

I recently got a Corsair HS60 Pro Surround because I needed a good set of headphones for a decent price. Mine were on sale at Best Buy for $50, 20 dollars less than the original price.  This was a great deal, but after my mom demanded that I give her my microphone because her laptop microphone stopped working, I started to use the headset mic. However, after listening to recordings and talking to friends, I have realized that the microphone is disgustingly quiet. Does anyone who has any fixes?

I have this headset and the only fix I found was going into control panel and boosting the volume if you need help doing that I can show you.

Just now, R3dbullDrinker said:

I have this headset and the only fix I found was going into control panel and boosting the volume if you need help doing that I can show you.

The only things fixes I saw were using either 3rd party software, or doing something I have already done before. If you could explain, that would be great!

1 minute ago, Adam P said:

The only things fixes I saw were using either 3rd party software, or doing something I have already done before. If you could explain, that would be great!

from the photo I linked go to hardware and sound, then sound, then click on the recordings tab and choose your microphone, right click and choose properties, and then in levels you can adjust the levels and when not using the corsair software you can boost it even more.

mainpage.PNG

8 minutes ago, Adam P said:

If you are using discord to talk to friends you can turn up your microphone in audio settings

Just now, Hay_bale said:

If you are using discord to talk to friends you can turn up your microphone in audio settings

It's already boosted all the way up 

In any software or thing, it is extremely quiet.  I even recorded a video with the mic to test volume, and it was very, VERY, quiet.

2 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

from the photo I linked go to hardware and sound, then sound, then click on the recordings tab and choose your microphone, right click and choose properties, and then in levels you can adjust the levels and when not using the corsair software you can boost it even more.

mainpage.PNG

It's already boosted to 100

Is it the level or boost?

The level

Odd there should be a boost option

Im using the USB dongle, because the headset microphone doesn't work without it

Just now, Adam P said:

Im using the USB dongle, because the headset microphone doesn't work without it

I am too and I have the option.

No, it's plugged into my keyboard, which has a usb port on the side.

Just now, Adam P said:

Try the motherboard?

1 minute ago, Adam P said:

If that doesnt work I think the only option is a third party software

If that doesnt work I think the only option is a third party software

Alr ill try the mobo

2 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Alr ill try the mobo

The third party software is called Voicemeeter Banana https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm 

This guy on YouTube

has a good tutorial on it. You just need to turn up the db a bit. Ive used this software before its completely safe.  I would disable corsair icue because it sometimes conflicts with the software.

The third party software is called Voicemeeter Banana https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm 

This guy on YouTube

has a good tutorial on it. You just need to turn up the db a bit. Ive used this software before its completely safe.  I would disable corsair icue because it sometimes conflicts with the software.

Is there a way to turn up the mic volume within the Icue software? 

Just now, Adam P said:

Is there a way to turn up the mic volume within the Icue software? 

Nope its kind of sad Corsair hasn't included one.

Nope its kind of sad Corsair hasn't included one.

Yeah the icue software is just sad.