Asus TUF Z590-Plus vs Rog Strix Z590-E

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All new triple A games maxed @ 1080p, 144 fps, MMOs and shooters

I'm curious as to the difference between these two motherboards and if the difference in pricing is worth it, the two boards in question are:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-Gaming-Z590-PLUS-WIFI/

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z590-e-gaming-wifi-model/

The price difference is 100 euros, I will either be using an Intel i5 10600k or i5 11600k CPU on them, overclocked to the maximum limit and cooled by an "overkill" arctic liquid freezer II 420 AIO. If you're wondering why only an i5, it's because of pricing. Basically between the 10600k and 10900k I'd pay a difference of 250 euros for zero FPS difference when the 10600k is OC'd, even against an OC'd 10900k. I don't use programs that require 8 cores either and the i5 already has hyperthreading enabled to help in such scenarios even if albeit iirc 4 hyperthreaded cores would constitute 1 real core on average.

For further reference, in case the 11600k comes out at a ridiculous price, such as 1500 Lei vs the 950 Lei on the 10600k, I'd very likely go with the 10600k unless there is a very large difference in gaming performance between the two CPUs. I originally intended to pair the 10600k with a ROG Strix Z490-A motherboard, but the TUF Gaming Z590-Plus is equal in price and seems better to me?

From what I can see, both of these aforementioned and linked mobos have 14+2 power stages, of which the z590-e has 1120 amps iirc, and the TUF I don't know actually. The TUF has a Realtek S1200A codec and the ROG one has a ALC4080 with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier, along with DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III, now please note that for sound I will use these specified on-board sound codecs, does the ROG Strix one have something more that makes it well worth roughly 100 euro more, 1800~ Lei compared to the 1230~ Lei for the TUF mobo?

Differences that I can see:
ROG mobo has 2 full x16 slots (not that you can use both at 16 anyway)
ROG mobo has 2 pcie gen4 m.2 ports where as the other motherboard has only 1 at gen 4 speed
The ROG motherboard has more ports on the back including dual 2.5g lan instead of single 2.5g aswell as two high speed usb c ports
ROG also has a thunderbolt header on the motherboard/'

Considering you are using a 10600k, I would assume most of these features are not ones that you need, and so the TUF motherboard should be fine, but if any of these features are a must-have then you have your decision. They are both very similar, but the expansion options on the ROG board are much better.

Are you not considering the R5 5600X ? It doesn't make a lot of sense to buy a 420mm AIO for that cpu anyway. The 240mm version would be more than enough.

In any case you should wait for reviews to see how the 11th gen performs. Also Buildzoid is a good Youtube channel to watch for motherboard teardowns. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ

43 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Are you not considering the R5 5600X ? It doesn't make a lot of sense to buy a 420mm AIO for that cpu anyway. The 240mm version would be more than enough.

In any case you should wait for reviews to see how the 11th gen performs. Also Buildzoid is a good Youtube channel to watch for motherboard teardowns. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ

I know the 240mm would be more than enough, but:

1: Overkill is better than good temps

2: Price difference between 240mm and 420mm is 10 euros here.

I don't like the 5600X, it's almost twice as expensive as the 10600k, it's weird to overclock, requires an AMD motherboard, a special way to mount the cooler and it has either the same performance, slightly higher, or significantly worse performance than the 10600k depending on game by game optimizations.

1 hour ago, Rym said:

I know the 240mm would be more than enough, but:

1: Overkill is better than good temps

2: Price difference between 240mm and 420mm is 10 euros here.

I don't like the 5600X, it's almost twice as expensive as the 10600k, it's weird to overclock, requires an AMD motherboard, a special way to mount the cooler and it has either the same performance, slightly higher, or significantly worse performance than the 10600k depending on game by game optimizations.

If it is only 10 Euros difference then go for it. You could probably get a beefy air cooler for less, but if you want an AIO then the Arctic ones are good.

The 10600K makes more sense then if the 5600X is nearly twice the price.