NZXT Kraken pump issue?

TomH
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

Ah, well, in that case, it's possible you got a air bubble stuck in the pump. If It was me, i'd turn it on then orient the machine around to try to help it work its way out then into the res where it can live. 

Kind of hard to describe what i mean but if you have even a little understanding how bubbles work underwater I think you can figure it out.

When I turn on my PC, my CPU temps will rise to about 70 degrees until there's a strange sort of splashing noise followed by my pump ramping up (see video attached). The temps are fine from then on but it's concerning me what's happened. Is my pump dying?

My AIO is a Kraken x63 (280mm) and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600 if it helps

Thanks

Can you post a picture of your case with the side panel off so we can see how things are orientated? 

10 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Can you post a picture of your case with the side panel off so we can see how things are orientated? 

Sure, my AIO is mounted on the side of my NR200 as shown

20210216_174041.jpg

20210216_174128.jpg

Ah, well, in that case, it's possible you got a air bubble stuck in the pump. If It was me, i'd turn it on then orient the machine around to try to help it work its way out then into the res where it can live. 

Kind of hard to describe what i mean but if you have even a little understanding how bubbles work underwater I think you can figure it out.

45 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Ah, well, in that case, it's possible you got a air bubble stuck in the pump. If It was me, i'd turn it on then oriente the machine around to try to help it work its way out then into the res where it can live. 

It seems to have stopped, thank you! 🙂