The best GPU to mine with?

I was wondering what GPU is the best for mining (high performance with a low power usage rate). Is it the RTX 3000? Or maybe an older AMD?. And can different models of the same GPU have different performance? For example is the gigabyte 3080 vision oc better or the aorus 3080 extreme?.

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

You could use a profitability calculator to figure that out, something like https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

Just subtract the initial investment cost to see how the amortization rate changes.

Thank you. Do you think that different models of the same GPU will have different performance?. Same as the example i mentioned in the post above

Just now, Big-Boy said:

Thank you. Do you think that different models of the same GPU will have different performance?. Same as the example i mentioned in the post above

Afaik people typically underclock/undervolt GPUs for maximum profitability, so a custom model that is more expensive is probably not worth it, since it won't have better performance to offset the increased initial investment.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Afaik people typically underclock/undervolt GPUs for maximum profitability, so a custom model that is more expensive is probably not worth it, since it won't have better performance to offset the increased initial investment.

This. The scenario could change somewhat if you have a fixed power bill, but pushing your GPU to 105% 24/7 is not really a great way to do things in general. They should perform similarly, just like they do in games. The extra $300+ in some cases is not paid for by the very small gains in mining.

The best I think is still the 3090. But given the price, it isnt worth it. As many sellers are getting the cards and selling them slightly over msrp instead whats being done from everyone else.

I could get 2 306oti's for 500 each and they would match a 3090 in hash rates but use a little more power. But at that price its well worth it even if I got the top tier cards at msrp. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Currently an old 1070 or 10 series can profitably mine Ethereum if you have the VRAM required for it. Ethereum requirements just broke 4GB but the ETH fee's going to miners is making it quite profitable.
If you have 3-4GB you can mine ETC, less profitable but still good returns
if you have 2GB you can UBQ, more speculative but good returns

There are many options for different cards, electricity rates and different coins. I wouldn't recommend building out a big farm but if you have cards sitting on the shelf its a good time to put them to work.