Your Favourite Movie

ComputerTech
Go to solution Solved by podkall,

My most favourite movie changes from time to time: few years ago it was Avengers: Infinity War, now it's Kung fu Panda for some reason.

So was thinking what everyone's favourite movie is, as mine is Thor (2011)ย ๐Ÿ˜›

Mmm, haven't heard about that one, what's it about? (too lazy to google it)ย ๐Ÿ˜›

My most favourite movie changes from time to time: few years ago it was Avengers: Infinity War, now it's Kung fu Panda for some reason.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes.ย 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

I wouldn't say I have an absolute favorite movie. I do have favorites for specific genres though, which are as follows:

• Sci-Fi: Interstellar and Arrival. The Martian is a close runner-up.
  • Action:ย John Wick (the first one - the sequels aren't as good)
  • Comedy: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. The sequel for that movie is also very good
  • For more family-oriented movies, Big Hero 6 is one of my all-time favorites. Megamind is anotherย a great movie that could arguably be placed in the comedy section. I also really enjoyed the Sonic movie, partially because I love Jim Carrey's acting.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can.ย If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

ย 

-- Myย PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

I got a top 5, but can't just narrow it down to one. Especially since 1 and 2 are interchangeable each day, lol

ย 

1. 300
  2. Gladiator
  3. The Godfather (1 and 2)
  4. Ocean's 11 (Entire 3 part series)
  5. The Matrix (Entire 3 part series)

I count them all as one film, the series, lol

Leonidasย Specs:ย Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Blackย | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHzย  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximusย Specs:ย Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

ย 

19 minutes ago, ComputerTech said:

Mmm, haven't heard about that one, what's it about? (too lazy to google it)ย ๐Ÿ˜›

Friday is a hood comedy starring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker, where Ice Cube's character gets fired on his day off and his friend has to pay back $1000 by the end of the day.

Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie is a retelling of the story of Jonah from the Bible, more or less a double-lesson of God showing mercy and God giving second chances, even to those who think they don't deserve it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Princess Mononoke

๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฒ

ย 

ย 

ย 

โ—’ย โ—’ย 

2 hours ago, podkall said:

Yeah, Avengers was great, thank goodness that infinity wasnt a failure like most movie endings and yeah Kung fu panda has a interesting story to it, also jack black is funny afย ๐Ÿ˜›

Dr. Strangelove never gets old.ย 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

ย 

Laptop: Dell G3 15 -ย i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Tiย 

13 hours ago, rickeo said:

The Hunt for Red October.ย 

ย 

I don't know why. I'm just a sucker for Cold War, submarines, military stuff, Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin.ย 

There were a ton of films made that fit in that genre.

Hunter Killer (2018)

K-19 Widowmaker

Kursk (tho more based on real events, still a worthwhile watch)

Phantom (2013)

ย 

ย 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.ย 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

There were a ton of films made that fit in that genre.

Hunter Killer (2018)

K-19 Widowmaker

Kursk (tho more based on real events, still a worthwhile watch)

Phantom (2013)

ย 

ย 

Oh, i've seen them all many times.ย 

Comedies:

ย 

O Brother Where Art Thou

What We Do in the Shadows

ย 

Drama:

ย 

The Shawshank Redemption

The Green Mile

ย 

Indie:

ย 

Memento (might have been considered indie at the time)

Coherence

ย 

I edit my posts more often than not

Like @podkallย my movie tastes change from time to time, but my genre interests don't.

Sci-fi, horror, action with a sci-fi/horror bent to it.

ย 

A film I never get tired of is

Below (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276816/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0)

ย 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.ย 

I watch quite a few movies, so my favorite changes often.

ย 

These are my current favorites:

• Whiplash
  • Limitless
  • Fight Club
  • The Social Network

The only movie that's remained in my top ten list for more than a year is The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

ย 

ย 

Desktop

CPUย - Ryzen 9 3900Xย | Cooler -ย Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboardย - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS |ย RAMย - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GBย |ย Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE |ย PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum |ย Storageย - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OSย - Windows 11 Pro

ย 

Homelab

CPUย - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboardย - ASRock Z590M-ITX |ย RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)ย  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OSย - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

Inside Outย is my pick at the moment.

ย 

Without spoiling anything, it does what Pixar does best: it takes importantย life moments and makes them intensely relatable, reminding you of how it felt to go through that experience yourself.ย I'll straight-up admit that it makes me teary-eyed every time. The kicker is that it even presents an accurate model of how emotions develop in childhood, so it's a good way to teach your kids (preferably around their late pre-teen years) about their evolving feelings.

ย 

ย 

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

Inside Outย is my pick at the moment.

ย 

Without spoiling anything, it does what Pixar does best: it takes importantย life moments and makes them intensely relatable, reminding you of how it felt to go through that experience yourself.ย I'll straight-up admit that it makes me teary-eyed every time. The kicker is that it even presents an accurate model of how emotions develop in childhood, so it's a good way to teach your kids (preferably around their late pre-teen years) about their evolving feelings.

ย 

ย 

Oh yeah, i remember that Movie, had a lot of emotions (pun intended) ๐Ÿ˜›

ย 

I might watch it again tonight ๐Ÿ˜„

3 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

'Dunkirk' from 2017. For both practical effects from Christopher Nolan and amazing score by Hans Zimmer.

I'd say the triumph of the movie is its ability to convey the escalating fear and tension for the troops on the beach, even though the Germans are only really on the periphery for most of the movie. Zimmer's score definitely goes a long way toward fulfilling that goal, though.

I'm not much of a movie watcher, so judge my favorite any way you want.

ย 

My favorite movie is "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World".

ย 

Just a fun movie.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

ย 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses:ย https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

ย 

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:ย https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Ive always been a HUGE fan of the original Independence Day movie with Will Smith, Jeff Goldbloom, Bill Pullman etc..ย 

Community Standardsย | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ย me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer.ย 

ย 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop |ย Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)ย | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36ย 3600mhzย 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo |ย 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

ย 

Dedicated Streamingย Rig

ย Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strixย | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |ย ย Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

ย 

My favorite movie is all about Terminator ๐Ÿ™‚ (I have DVD Terminator 1 to 4 and Blu-ray Terminator 5 & 6. I also have DVD Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles)

ย 

It's best robotic movie for me ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

spacer.png

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive |ย GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB |ย Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3Dยฒ 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP,ย 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

I like way too many movies ๐Ÿคช

I'll just go by decade.

ย 

1960s : Irma la Douce

1970s : Monty Python's Life of Brian, but Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope is sooo close

1980s : The Breakfast Clubย 

1990s : The Big Lebowski (Starship Troopers gets an honorable mention*)

2000s : 11:14

2010s : Deadpool

ย 

*Because I will never forget what a movie critic on a local TV station said about it: "If you want a popcorn movie, go watch it. It's beautiful people in a beautiful war." and it was! ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

TGIF, I think I'm going to have a movie night.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

ย 

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

โ€• Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

On 2/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, rickeo said:

The Hunt for Red October.ย 

ย 

I don't know why. I'm just a sucker for Cold War, submarines, military stuff, Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin.ย 

If you like realistic sub movies, check out Gray Lady Down. My former sub buddies mostly agree it's the best sub movie (in terms of what life on a sub is like) out there.

ย 

Also, check out the 'Sub brief' youtube channel. He tries pretty hard to get you to use his patreon, but he has enough free content on youtube to be interesting. the 10 minute 'sub brief' videos are all previews/snapshots. Stick to the ones that are an hour long for the full monty.

ย 

As for my favorite movie? The Matrix. The first one. I watched the Lobby scene over 1000 times (no, seriously, actually over 1000. Every day for breakfast for 3+ years). "I know Kung fu", the train fight with agent smith...so.many.excellent.scenes! Let's not forget the helicopter minigun. (let's also comment on how Hollywood likes making miniguns sound like reciprocating machine guns. I know brrrrrt is less intimidating, but meh)