PC Micro stutters - I really need some help

Ragnus

Hello guys, the problem that I'm trying to solve now is one that I actually had since I built this pc, micro stuttering. I actually don't know if these frequent micro stutterings are to be an expected part of pc gaming but my system feels very... strange.

My pc has good framerates, however there are frequent micro freezes that are very annoying and completely take me out of the gaming experience.

The current setup is:

MOBO: Msi b350m Gaming Pro

CPU: r5 2600 (stock with water cooler)

GPU: RX 5700XT (Stock)

MEM: DDR4 Ripjaws V 3000mhz 16gb, 2x8 (I try to run it a 2133 even on 1.45 to see if it is a mem stability problems, runs the same)

PSU: Gygabite 750w modular

Storage: 2 kingston 240 ssds and 1 tb hdd.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try to dismiss some FAQS:

1. Your problem might be the temps.

R: Cpu and GPU temps are fine, well pasted and my chassis has 6 fans on it.

2) Gygabite psu might be the problem.

R: This is a fairly recent upgrade, Had a evga 600w before and it was the same thing.

3: CPU or GPU is the problem.

R: Probably not, I had an r5 1400 and gtx 970, 1070 before in this pc, the problems were always there.

Other potential valuable information:

I tried changing components throughout the years to see If I could make it stop, by now, literally the only thing I haven't changed in this build is the mobo.

Drivers and bios are up to date.

Most games demonstrate this behavior, even light games as League of Legends

I reinstalled the OS many times throughout the years, never changes.

If you guys need any more info I'll gladly try to cooperate, by now I'll leave a video showing a little bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgYXqTabl_g&feature=youtu.be

obs: The video footage is not that bad, that's why I named "Recording shy stutters"

Hey @Ragnus聽just thought I'd let you know some of us can't read your post all that well due to your choice of text and background color.. 馃槙

image.thumb.png.b0129a0df7985a70d530309eb58d44fa.png

Go into Resource Monitor to the CPU tab and filter the processes from the greatest in threads down, should be something like [Threads v] (v denoting downward). When having a game open, you should see something like gamename.exe. Are there any processes above the gamename.exe?? If there are, "kill"聽them or end task them in Task Manager and see if the stuttering goes away.聽

CPU Cooler Tier List|| Motherboard VRMs Tier List||Motherboard Beep & POST Codes|| Graphics Card Tier List||PSU Tier List

Main System Specifications:聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||聽聽CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler||聽RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18聽 ||Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570聽 ||聽聽SSD: Samsung 970聽EVO聽1TB聽M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)||聽聽HDD:聽2X Western Digital聽Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)聽 ||GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT聽 || 聽PSU: EVGA P2 1600W聽 ||聽聽Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow||聽聽Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE聽RGB聽 ||聽聽Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky聽Switches聽 || 聽Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL||聽聽Monitor:ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"聽

37 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

literally the only thing I haven't changed in this build is the mobo.

yeah and you know what? it all kinda sounds like mobo - especially when paired with cheap ssds that are known to make issues (Kingston)聽

at this聽point get a new mobo and like a Samsung Evo and see if that fixes it imo.聽

19 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Go into Resource Monitor to the CPU tab and filter the processes from the greatest in threads down, should be something like [Threads v] (v denoting downward). When having a game open, you should see something like gamename.exe. Are there any processes above the gamename.exe?? If there are, "kill"聽them or end task them in Task Manager and see if the stuttering goes away.聽

it feels like i told this story a million times already, but I had really similar issues as OP and using ISLC did almost fix completely, however it wasn't really fixed until I 'power cycled' my Kingston ssd *twice*...聽

that of course didn't stop my cpu back then (a Ryzen 2200G) to bottleneck like crazy every now and then, but at least the weird 'not so random' stuttering was fixed as long I kept settings on the low to not get 100%CPU usage.聽

And that doesn't even touch the fact I can't even run anything above windows 10 1809 otherwise the issues all come back 10 times worse... lol.聽

my conclusion is b350 just doesn't cut it (besides Kingston drives being trash) and is meanwhile hopelessly outdated - there are new bios updates but they're usually for Zen 3 and I doubt they'd do any good on my system (on the contrary)聽

But, yes, what you said is surely worth trying, as is keeping a close eye on CPU usage on all cores...聽

The direction tells you... the direction.聽

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)聽

MSI Afterburner聽

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper聽

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity聽

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop聽

Superposition聽

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah and you know what? it all kinda sounds like mobo - especially when paired with cheap ssds that are known to make issues (Kingston)聽

at this聽point get a new mobo and like a Samsung Evo and see if that fixes it imo.聽

it feels like i told this story a million times already, but I had really similar issues as OP and using ISLC did almost fix completely, however it wasn't really fixed until I 'power cycled' my Kingston ssd *twice*...聽

that of course didn't stop my cpu back then (a Ryzen 2200G) to bottleneck like crazy every now and then, but at least the weird 'not so random' stuttering was fixed as long I kept settings on the low to not get 100%CPU usage.聽

And that doesn't even touch the fact I can't even run anything above windows 10 1809 otherwise the issues all come back 10 times worse... lol.聽

my conclusion is b350 just doesn't cut it (besides Kingston drives being trash) and is meanwhile hopelessly outdated - there are new bios updates but they're usually for Zen 3 and I doubt they'd do any good on my system (on the contrary)聽

But, yes, what you said is surely worth trying, as is keeping a close eye on CPU usage on all cores...聽

Cpu usage is never above 50 or 60%, do you guys have any good mobo recomendations for r5 2600? budget if possible cause I live in 3rd world country