Anyone else finds Fractal cases ugly?

RTXOutOfStockEdition

"looks at my Fractal Deisgn Meshify S2"

"looks at Computer Screen"

Types the word...

NOPE

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Why would you said that? 

I'm building a pc in couple months later in the Meshify C Full Stealth Blackout Pc and will post in this forum eventually. 

24 minutes ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

Your 2 cents

My 2 cents what? Could you elaborate as to what discussion you would like to start? Like provide your position and opinion? Provide a foundation to which to start a discussion? etcetera ........

(I ask while looking at my Fractal Core 1000)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

When I first saw the Meshify C I thought It had a ugly front because of the asymmetry. Now that I sit in dark in the with RGB lighting up the case I never notice the front. If it wasn't on sale for $90 CAD I never would have bought it. I have to admit it's probably the best case I ever bought and love how compact it is.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

The Meshify looks a little unique, but if you remove the geometric shape of the mesh, it looks just like another generic case. If you want a no flair generic case, why not get a no name for cheap?

7 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Because you don't get the build quality, manufacturer warranty, support and all that jazz with a rip off no-name case. The front is really nice. There's more to cases than just looks as well.

Why do you need warranty or support on a case?

If a brand sells you the exact same case for more money (like Antec in the early 2000's), how is it a rip off buying the no name and a good deal paying more for the brand logo?

30 minutes ago, alyen said:

When I first saw the Meshify C I thought It had a ugly front because of the asymmetry. Now that I sit in dark in the with RGB lighting up the case I never notice the front. If it wasn't on sale for $90 CAD I never would have bought it. I have to admit it's probably the best case I ever bought and love how compact it is.

That's a good price. I have never seen it under $100. I bought my H510 for $90. 

9 minutes ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

That's a good price. I have never seen it under $100. I bought my H510 for $90. 

It was during the 2019 Boxing day sale. I regret not buying a second Meshify C (white TG) case that same day from another location.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

5 minutes ago, alyen said:

It was during the 2019 Boxing day sale. I regret not buying a second Meshify C (white TG) case that same day from another location.

There're always newer and better products. Never buy more than 1 of the same thing. 

1 minute ago, lexusgamer05 said:

In case something breaks... That's what a warranty is for.

What do you mean by "exact same case"? Please elaborate on what you mean

If your case breaks, you send it back for a refund. It is not a GPU, motherboard, PSU where you actually need warranty for. 

Antec used to rebrand low end cases made by chieftec. Most of these "brands" are "design houses" only. They outsource production to the same factories used by other brands. In the low end, these "brands" use the same tooling as other low end cases to keep costs down. This is the reason all lower end cases look similar and have a box feel to it. If you think your generic Fractal case is gold while some no name is crap, you're dead wrong.  

The Meshify is not really a ground breaking design compare to ncase m1 or Inwin D-Frame. The last 2 need new tooling thus the high price and low production numbers. Meshify has a box frame and a generic plastic front panel. The bends on the mesh can be easily made by a custom punch and die. This is not very expensive for Fractal to implement. Fractal charges you a premium for, in reality, a low cost product. 

28 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Depends on the situation with your case and what happened.

Ok, where can I buy a generic case that's almost identical to a Meshify C? And when you say that all lower end cases look similar - yes, I agree with that, but the Meshify C is not a low end case. Another advantage with a brand is that I can go down to my local PC shop and buy one on the spot, rather than importing one from China and waiting weeks upon weeks for shipping.

Yes - lower end cases typically are similar. But not for higher end cases.

check this out

https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16811147305

8 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

That barley just resembles a Meshify C on the front, the insides look completely different. Also Rosewill isn't really a no-name brand like you were talking about earlier

I want to show the front panel on the meshify is nothing special. You are not going to find similar cases on Newegg. Fractal have the meshify look patented. Maybe on Aliexpress or some Chinese website, you could find counterfeit or look alike. 

5 hours ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

I want to show the front panel on the meshify is nothing special. You are not going to find similar cases on Newegg. Fractal have the meshify look patented. Maybe on Aliexpress or some Chinese website, you could find counterfeit or look alike. 

The front of that Rosewill isn't actually mesh, which I would say is rather a big difference from the Meshify series, wouldn't you? Also the interior layout is totally different, who wants a top-mounted PSU now? What year is it?

This thread seems like it's just designed to troll owners of a popular series of cases. Don't like them, don't buy them. Nobody really has any reason to care about anybody else's subjective aesthetic tastes. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 hours ago, Middcore said:

The front of that Rosewill isn't actually mesh, which I would say is rather a big difference from the Meshify series, wouldn't you? Also the interior layout is totally different, who wants a top-mounted PSU now? What year is it?

This thread seems like it's just designed to troll owners of a popular series of cases. Don't like them, don't buy them. Nobody really has any reason to care about anybody else's subjective aesthetic tastes. 

Doesn't matter if the front is mesh, The cost of producing box cases is very similar. You can tell a product requires new tooling by looking at the price alone. I think most Fractal cases are ugly because their design is old. Even most NZXT and Phantek cases are old box design, but at least they put a spin to them. Fractal buyers are a sensitive bunch. They can't accept any criticism. 

4 hours ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

Doesn't matter if the front is mesh, The cost of producing box cases is very similar. You can tell a product requires new tooling by looking at the price alone. I think most Fractal cases are ugly because their design is old. Even most NZXT and Phantek cases are old box design, but at least they put a spin to them. Fractal buyers are a sensitive bunch. They can't accept any criticism. 

You weird in all of the word you said, beware! 

Fun fact h510 have solid front panel on the long run cpu and gpu will suffered from long term heat but meshify c won't because it have a mesh panel 😉

Just now, iCoNrant said:

You weird in all of the word you said, beware! 

Not sure what made you say that, but your comment is not constructive. 

Just now, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

Not sure what made you say that, but your comment is not constructive. 

Just my opinion, don't mind. You have yours, no offence

really? i found 3 other cases that were similar. a bunch more that were copy cat of phanteks and corsair cases

14 hours ago, Middcore said:

a top mount psu would give you better temps.. just saying.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, lexusgamer05 said:

It's not just the front of the Meshify that's good about it. I also did look on AliExpress and couldn't find anything similar.

there no point in looking all chines case seem to be way over priced and often have really bad air flow. i looked. there a rip off of the 011 that has the front left post gone and an 120mm fan in the back but im not paying $300 for one. dose it look better yes is the build quality any good probably not.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

20 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

there no point in looking all chines case seem to be way over priced and often have really bad air flow. i looked. there a rip off of the 011 that has the front left post gone and an 120mm fan in the back but im not paying $300 for one. dose it look better yes is the build quality any good probably not.

Guys let's face it, if this author love Chinese knockoff brand cases then let him buy whatever he wants. Don't argue or talk too much with this author is just a waste of time. 

All the people love to buy reputable products and brand because it is safe and know that the brand is good. 

Imagine this chinese knockoff brand can put whatever without knowing what's in there. 2 mm Tempered Glass lol, bunch of flexing on the case itself. We don't know right? 

2 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

Guys let's face it, if this author love Chinese knockoff brand cases then let him buy whatever he wants. Don't argue or talk too much with this author is just a waste of time. 

i no...i got nothing els to do... my life suxs