Internet thinks I'm in a different country.

SyedN2000

Hey guys, basically I live in university accommodation and my ISP is Ask4 and they did some maintenance 2 weeks ago, but since then Google seems to think I'm in Ireland even though I'm in the UK. Until today even my IP location was being shown as Galway in Ireland, although it still shows as Galway on some sites but majority show Sheffield or Birmingham on other sites, which are both in the UK so I don't mind it not being 100% accurate, when I search for "What is my IP location?" on Google.

It's just a pain the butt, any help would be appreciated.

VPN?

If not, it's on your ISP's or college's side and there's poop-all you can do short of getting your own VPN.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

VPN?

If not, it's on your ISP's or college's side and there's poop-all you can do short of getting your own VPN.

Nope no VPNs are on and I think so too, but they aren't admitting it's on their end even though this only started after they did their maintenance work. They just keep asking me to send screenshots of sites where it directs me to the .ie or the European versions.

18 minutes ago, SyedN2000 said:

Nope no VPNs are on and I think so too, but they aren't admitting it's on their end even though this only started after they did their maintenance work. They just keep asking me to send screenshots of sites where it directs me to the .ie or the European versions.

So maybe use a vpn then. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Could be that the ISP handles traffic through both countries, so it registers your location as such? I know my phone on LTE (just an example) will sometimes register things as being in Atlanta, GA instead of the city I live in the next state over.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.