ender 3 pro print "exploding" (Solved)

So I was 1Day 19Hrs in on a 4 day print when I came home to see that the entire print had shifted 1/8inch towards the back. The print was well secured to the bed and it just seemed to have been a slicing issue. BUT I did a test print with a file I had sliced and printed before which just exploded into a nest. I dont have any pictures just because I was so upset I tried to fix the first one to hopefully fix it but couldn't and I was just passed off with the second one. I still have the first print but I got rid of the second one.

We gonna need more details, photos, slicer configuration, how you leveled your bed etc. Most common issue with big prints is part lifting off the bed, it happens with every material and dealing with it is usually a massive pain.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

24 minutes ago, Levent said:

We gonna need more details, photos, slicer configuration, how you leveled your bed etc. Most common issue with big prints is part lifting off the bed, it happens with every material and dealing with it is usually a massive pain.

Bed was leveled, slicer config was 25 percent infill, black PLA from microcenter (inland), I actually restarted the print because I forgot the glue, im using purple elmers glue picture soon

Sounds like a layer shift to me. Belts may be loose causing it to miss steps or you're printing (way) to fast.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 minutes ago, Thegrimfew2 said:

Printing at 45mm/s. It was standard in the slicer at 60mm/s

I would check belt tension then (assuming the print was firmly attached to the bed).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Okay thank you! The print took a good 2 minutes with a scraper tool to take off so I'd say it was. Also I dont know a ton about 3d printers especially belt tension. What is a way you would recommend a good check to see if its tight enough?

Belt tension is something many printer users have preferences for. The problem is stepper motors aren't designed to have radial loads applied to them to tension the belt - excessive side load can reduce motor life. That being said, I personally am on the tight-as-frig train. You can hear the twang on my belts when you pluck them. Haven't killed a motor yet - some friends of mine that run a 3D printing business actually redesigned their Prusa printers to have a bearing support on the end of the shaft to reduce the load on the stepper. 

My 2c with your specific problem, yes, looks like a layer shift - your nozzle probably snagged on a popped-up piece of your print and offset itself. I have also see shifts like this when a motor driver was overheating and would shut down for just a moment to keep the blue smoke in. 

Good luck

-C

What slicer are you using? I had similar problem once when Ultimaker Cura actually shift layer in similar way. I used another slicer for this particular model and everything went buttery smoth.

But before switching slicer I would check belt tension.
Here is some random tutorial from YT

• 7 months later...

Thanks ya'll, I upgraded the belt tensioner on both printers. I'm still having issues with one of them but one is good. I agree with Colin I think it may be snagging on it but I'm not sure. I've got a camera set up to watch them but I'm not sure. Ill have to watch the video when the test print is done.

• 3 weeks later...