how to know if gpu is overclockable?

gilkevinaxl
Go to solution Solved by DevanArianne,

Yes, you can overclock ANY graphics card.

The difference between those two cards is the Zotac comes at STOCK clock speeds and the Palit has a FACTORY OVERCLOCK.

The only difference on card makes over another in terms of overclocking is how far you will be able to push it.

That is determined by things like the cooler, the GPU selection process, and some other things that are far too complicated to get into.

hi , im just wondering if all graphics cards can be overclock .for example if i have a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB and a Palit Geforce GTX 750 Ti StormX OC 2G GDDR5 which of both cards is overclockable? does it means that the palit one is the overclockable because it says that was an OC? or even if the card is not stated with that OC name it is still overclockable? if doesnt how should i know if the card can be overclock
plss help im just a beginner thanks

umm you overclock them and figure out which one is the better overclocker....

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

You can overclock any GPU but it all depends on the design and if you get a good overclocker.

umm you overclock them and figure out which one is the better overclocker....

He means if you can over clock them

And yes you can overclock both of those

Yes, you can overclock ANY graphics card.

The difference between those two cards is the Zotac comes at STOCK clock speeds and the Palit has a FACTORY OVERCLOCK.

The only difference on card makes over another in terms of overclocking is how far you will be able to push it.

That is determined by things like the cooler, the GPU selection process, and some other things that are far too complicated to get into.

OC, Superclocked, and any other terms that imply overclocking usually mean that the card is factory overclocked, so you don't have to do it yourself. It's why you see some companies sell multiple versions of the same GPU (that, and coolers). Pretty much any GPU can be overclocked; how far you can overclock it is up to chance.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

ok thanks for the answers :) ,but how about the palit version? can i OC it further even its factory overclocked?

ok thanks for the answers :) ,but what about the palit? can i OC it further even its factory overclocked?

It's hard to tell. I have a stock EVGA Gtx 580 that Overclocks better than my MSI 580 that is factory overclocked. Luck of the draw when it comes to ''binning''

Here's a video

Oldie but a goodie

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!