Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please Help Upgrading my pc because its super loud and warm

Budget (including currency): Don't really have one, but its in NOK and I guess max would be 10000NOK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All types of video games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I've added a picture of something i put together on pcpartpicker and I was wondering if this was good?

The CPU, storage and memory is the only thing I haven't changed because I don't see the need to.

I have 2 acer 25'' 240hz screens and i may plan on getting another one in the future but as of now its ok. It is only the pc parts i'm looking for.

So I went from a be quiet Pure rock cpu cooler to the NZXT liquid cooler. I dont know much about them, but I know I want to go over to liquid because I hear it makes the pc slightly cooler and quieter.

The motherboard was an ASUS ROG Strix B550-f gaming one and now I have a msi. I didn't really want to change the motherboard, but because im looking for a liquid cooled pc, i read that it would get very tight in my mid tower pc case. I'm also getting the 3080 when it's available.

My case went from a Phanteks Eclipse P350X Mid tower to a fractal design define 7 xl full tower.

And because I'm looking to get the 3080 I'm thinking of upgrading my PSU from a seasonic focus gx 550w to a corsair 850w. Currently I have 2 2060s running on it and im pretty sure im ruining the PSU

As i've said I dont know much and i rely on pcpartpicker to see what fits together and all that so if anyone have any better ideas to put this together, please let me know.

I did some math and I ended up on 7900kr (NOK) Ofc if it runs over 10k it doesn't really matter as long as its something better. Thanks for the help.

Skjermbilde 2021-02-13 172549.png

I'm also adding a picture of my previous pc below, sorry for all the texts, its from my order

Skjermbilde 2021-02-13 173849.png

And another note is, I plan on getting new fans as well, but thats no rush, those are easy to figure out

Water cooling does not make your PC produce less heat. It simply moves heat much faster.

•  All Activity
  •  
  •  Mark site read
  •  
  •  Create 
  • Home 
  •  
  • Settings

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

•  Images are not allowed
  •  
  •  Maximum of 10 URLs
  •  
  •  Maximum of 30 lines

• View signatures?

Show other people's signatures alongside their content
  • Signature
    SizeFont

• Max total size: 20 MB
  • Save
  • Forums Community Standards All Activity My Activity Streams More All Activity
  • Mark site read Create Home Settings

Settings

Manage your account settings, and set up social network integration.

• Overview Email Address Password Security and Privacy Recently Used Devices Display Name Content View Behavior Signature Twitter Microsoft Google Steam Discord

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Images are not allowed Maximum of 10 URLs Maximum of 30 lines
  • View signatures? Show other people's signatures alongside their content Signature                   SizeFont
    • Drag files here to attach, or choose files... Other Media Max total size: 20 MB

• Save

• All Activity Mark site read Home Settings
  •  
  • Theme Privacy Policy Terms of Use Forum Support
  • Linus Media GroupPowered by Invision Community

5 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Water cooling does not make your PC produce less heat. It simply moves heat much faster.

how does his temps run high when hes in norway, doesnt it get like -40 each year, here atleast it got -20 F

23 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

how does his temps run high when hes in norway, doesnt it get like -40 each year, here atleast it got -20 F

Yeah, Norway is a very poor country, they don't have houses or walls or doors.  

I'm sure his desk is in the backyard in the snow 🙂

Emma : i9 9900K 5.1Ghz All-Core - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm AIO - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Other Tech - 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

Yeah, Norway is a very poor country,

thats a tremendous lie, norway has like a million quadrillion ore

speaking of which

My diaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmoooonnnndddddddsssssssss, myyyyyyyyy diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmonnnnnnnndssssss

55 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Yeah, Norway is a very poor country, they don't have houses or walls or doors.  

I'm sure his desk is in the backyard in the snow 🙂

Ah yes, I realise that it moves heat around faster, but English isn't my first language so explaining exactly what I want is a struggle :P. And yes, it gets very cold here so rooms are hot and having a very hot pc as well doesn't go along well. We just live out in the snow under the trees. Got my desktop near an anthill, fun having friends.