Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the best software to mine bitcoin? My criteria are low fees, low minimum amount to withdraw and efficiency.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine with what? Software does not set a "withdraw" amount or there are any significantly efficient mining software. You are around 10 years late to mining bitcoin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Mine with what? Software does not set a "withdraw" amount or there are any significantly efficient mining software. You are around 10 years late to mining bitcoin.

Lol. With my pc. Some does. I know, but just in case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

What is the best software to mine bitcoin?

They all work the same way (same algorithm), so there are no significant differences between them. Performance is determined by your GPU(s) more than anything. As @Levent said, GPU mining for Bitcoin is kind of over, since mining has moved to ASICs

 

6 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

My criteria are low fees, low minimum amount to withdraw and efficiency.

That is not determined by the software you use to mine bitcoin. That is determined by whichever exchange you use when converting between currencies.

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wictorian maybe look into alt coins that are still easy to mine and not bitcoin

Hi

 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

@Wictorian maybe look into alt coins that are still easy to mine and not bitcoin

The issue with cryptocoin in general is as the coin gains in popularity more of it gets mined and each time a coin is mined it gets just a tiny bit harder to mine the next one, which means it takes more power to do.  Efficiency helps but isn’t a permanent solution. Eventually electricity cost means you’re spending more on electricity to mine the coin than you get from the coin you mine.   Bitcoin in particular has been around a while.  As such the only companies that can make money mining it have literally walls and walls of ASICS and also often free electricity.  And even their days are numbered.  I remember reading about an electrical plant that do to the way the systems worked couldn’t turn its power generation all the way off.  The result is at certain times they have to waste electricity.   So they lined the entire plant with ASICS and still only mine coin when they would be otherwise wasting electricity.  There is no hope in Bitcoin.  The movement lately has been in etherium.  Another coin, which I have been reading about as being between two legal states which makes it efficient to mine with gaming GPUs.  There is apparently also some internal design within the coin to extend the period where coin mining may be efficient even for mom&pop stuff which is what gaming gpu mining is.  How well it will actually work is unknown though.  It’s real possible etherium is even yesterday’s news.  There are literally hundreds of different cryptocoins.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The issue with cryptocoin in general is as the coin gains in popularity more of it gets mined and each time a coin is mined it gets just a tiny bit harder to mine the next one, which means it takes more power to do.  Efficiency helps but isn’t a permanent solution. Eventually electricity cost means you’re spending more on electricity to mine the coin than you get from the coin you mine.   Bitcoin in particular has been around a while.  As such the only companies that can make money mining it have literally walls and walls of ASICS and also often free electricity.  And even their days are numbered.  I remember reading about an electrical plant that do to the way the systems worked couldn’t turn its power generation all the way off.  The result is at certain times they have to waste electricity.   So they lined the entire plant with ASICS and still only mine coin when they would be otherwise wasting electricity.  There is no hope in Bitcoin.  The movement lately has been in etherium.  Another coin, which I have been reading about as being between two legal states which makes it efficient to mine with gaming GPUs.  There is apparently also some internal design within the coin to extend the period where coin mining may be efficient even for mom&pop stuff which is what gaming gpu mining is.  How well it will actually work is unknown though.  It’s real possible etherium is even yesterday’s news.  There are literally hundreds of different cryptocoins.

can you just answer my question? I wanna mine bitcoin, not ethereum.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

can you just answer my question? I wanna mine bitcoin, not ethereum.

 

Well as the saying goes: “tell them once.  Tell them twice, take their money”. Software varies according to what card(s) you are running.  It was pretty common to run hundreds of cards at once for a while. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wictorian said:

can you just answer my question? I wanna mine bitcoin, not ethereum.

 

As @Bombastinator says, mining Bitcoin directly is only really profitable nowadays with low power cost and massive specialized ASIC rigs. Your PC won't even tickle them.

 

If you are dead set on earning Bitcoin your best bet is most likely Nicehash. It'll use your GPU to mine whatever and pays you in BTC. Fees are higher there, but you'll have to accept that. From reading around pools like Miningpoolhub have the option to autoconvert and pay you in BTC, but I've never done that. You'll still not be mining BTC, but will get paid in it.

 

The reason why people suggest you mine Ether or other altcoins is, because they are ASIC resistant or haven't been worth it getting ASICs for. That is why it's still profitable to mine with GPUs. No matter what coin you mine you can always exchange it to BTC on some exchange.

 

Mining is done either solo (very luck dependend, wouldn't recommend) or in pools. Examples are ethermine, 2miners, binance etc. Each pool will list the miners they officially support, but support is generally wide. For example, I mine ETH on the Binance pool with T-Rex.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t mention the hardware being used so there isn’t really a point to mention software as you won’t be able to pick anyway. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer GD235hz 1920x1080@120hz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you want to mine BTC you need an ASIC. if you want to mine anything and get paid in BTC then check around to various pools and see what their payout scheme is. I know nicehash will do it but their fees are high. there is another pool that does it but i cant remember who it was i think maybe it was dutchpool or something like that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, airborne spoon said:

if you want to mine BTC you need an ASIC. if you want to mine anything and get paid in BTC then check around to various pools and see what their payout scheme is. I know nicehash will do it but their fees are high. there is another pool that does it but i cant remember who it was i think maybe it was dutchpool or something like that 

lots of scam pools out there.

 

USUALLY and MOST LIKELY, you'll just end up mining for somebody else. You pay for the electricity, and they reap all the coins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 9:12 PM, Error 504 said:

lots of scam pools out there.

 

USUALLY and MOST LIKELY, you'll just end up mining for somebody else. You pay for the electricity, and they reap all the coins.

I honestly don't know anything about any scam pools. I've been mining BTC for 4 years on slushpool or poolin and 1 rig on the solo lottery pool run by CK. Been mining ETH for like 2 years on ethermine.org works great and no issues anywhere I get my money on time and the amount of expect, usually a little faster than I'd planned on.

 

<redacted>

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 10:30 PM, airborne spoon said:

I honestly don't know anything about any scam pools. I've been mining BTC for 4 years on slushpool or poolin and 1 rig on the solo lottery pool run by CK. Been mining ETH for like 2 years on ethermine.org works great and no issues anywhere I get my money on time and the amount of expect, usually a little faster than I'd planned on.

 

<redacted>

I have to take issue with use of “deserve” in this case.  No one deserves to get ripped off.   Doesn’t mean it won’t happen of course.  Lack of due diligence often means bad things happen more often, but it’s not a “deserve” kind of thing. Lack of sympathy and “deserve” are different things.

Edited by wkdpaul

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 10:30 PM, airborne spoon said:

I honestly don't know anything about any scam pools. I've been mining BTC for 4 years on slushpool or poolin and 1 rig on the solo lottery pool run by CK. Been mining ETH for like 2 years on ethermine.org works great and no issues anywhere I get my money on time and the amount of expect, usually a little faster than I'd planned on.

 

<redacted>

slushpool and ck are good choices, except pc ain't gonna pull in much btc now.

 

i do nanopool for eth, fairly decent.

Edited by wkdpaul
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I have to take issue with use of “deserve” in this case.  No one deserves to get ripped off.   Doesn’t mean it won’t happen of course.  Lack of due diligence often means bad things happen more often, but it’s not a “deserve” kind of thing. Lack of sympathy and “deserve” are different things.

oh sorry, stupid me. i wasn't reading it properly. i mixed up "pool" with "cloud".

 

ya, pools are usually ok, but cloud on the other hand...........

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Error 504 said:

oh sorry, stupid me. i wasn't reading it properly. i mixed up "pool" with "cloud".

 

ya, pools are usually ok, but cloud on the other hand...........

?  Misquote?  It happens.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

?  Misquote?  It happens.

actually, when i said "there are many pools that are scams", i was meaning to say "many cloud mining sites are scams". but the other person made the comment about being ripped off, then you made another comment about that comment, so i just quoted yours. but overall, it was my mistake to say "many pools are scams", when i meant to say was "many cloud mining sites are scams".

 

but anyways, my bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Error 504 said:

slushpool and ck are good choices, except pc ain't gonna pull in much btc now.

 

i do nanopool for eth, fairly decent.

I have 13th/s going to CK, 120th/s to slush and 211mh/s to ethermine. Does anyone actually try and mine BTC off a GPU still, that'd be a waste of power and hash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

I have 13th/s going to CK, 120th/s to slush and 211mh/s to ethermine. Does anyone actually try and mine BTC off a GPU still, that'd be a waste of power and hash.

running cgminer for btc is a waste of time and electricity for me. i can't get anything with cgminer anymore.

 

8700k / 1080ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

running cgminer for btc is a waste of time and electricity for me. i can't get anything with cgminer anymore.

 

8700k / 1080ti

which one is cgminer? is that one like phoenix miner but for btc instead of eth? I have always used phoenix because of how easy and super configurable it is. i do btc with 6x ASIC's

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, airborne spoon said:

which one is cgminer? is that one like phoenix miner but for btc instead of eth? I have always used phoenix because of how easy and super configurable it is. i do btc with 6x ASIC's

ya looks like pheonix.

 

and ya, you need asic for btc now, anything else is just a waste.

 

i do wonder how efficient 3090 is for mining btc.......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×