WiFi Connection issue.

Cuwee
Go to solution Solved by Digideath,

My monies on the wifi card. It's a tplink archer series. They all work for a while then suddenly start to develop problems. Dropping connections, no internet, slow speeds.

I have an archer series wifi dongle. It worked for about a year. Now it constantly drops connection and I get the no internet sign at times. It's a nightmare.

I'm using the wifi built in to my motherboard now. It works perfectly well. I tried to keep the dongle for building PCs but it's not even any use for that. Once they're away they're away.

If you swapped out your wifi card with another one, I bet everything would suddenly start working.

So I have an ASUS RT-AX82U router. WiFi card is TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card (Archer TX3000E)

I have 8 devices connected no problem.

However, my gaming PC after a restart a few days ago will not fully connect to my WiFi. It will connect but with no internet connection. The weird thing is it will connect normally to my routers Guest Network, with the obvious shortcoming of that.

I have tried updating the driver, forgetting the network, checking from the router (it shows as connected and no blocking). Not really sure to what is to blame here. Is it my router, Windows, or my WiFi Card?

Rebooted the router yet?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Rebooted the router yet?

Yes, rebooted and updated the firmware.

My monies on the wifi card. It's a tplink archer series. They all work for a while then suddenly start to develop problems. Dropping connections, no internet, slow speeds.

I have an archer series wifi dongle. It worked for about a year. Now it constantly drops connection and I get the no internet sign at times. It's a nightmare.

I'm using the wifi built in to my motherboard now. It works perfectly well. I tried to keep the dongle for building PCs but it's not even any use for that. Once they're away they're away.

If you swapped out your wifi card with another one, I bet everything would suddenly start working.

5 minutes ago, Digideath said:

I dug out an old dongle and disabled the TP-Link adapter, and it works. Unplugged and reenabled and no internet again, so it is something with that card definitely.

I kind of shot myself in the foot and didnt realize the motherboard I chose didnt have WiFi until it was too late. Is there a brand of network card that you would recommend?

5 hours ago, Cuwee said:

I dug out an old dongle and disabled the TP-Link adapter, and it works. Unplugged and reenabled and no internet again, so it is something with that card definitely.

I kind of shot myself in the foot and didnt realize the motherboard I chose didnt have WiFi until it was too late. Is there a brand of network card that you would recommend?

I don't know about the people on here. They would probably recomend wired. But for me, ive been using the following wifi card in a few rigs that ive built for people. It ticks all the boxes. Its fast and it just works the way its supposed to.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-pce-ac56-dual-band-wireless-ac1300-pci-e-adapter-nw-088-as.html