DeepCool DQ750ST 750W 80+ Gold ATX Power Supply is it any good?

raventaker69

Is the DeepCool DQ750ST 750W 80+ Gold ATX Power Supply a good power supply?? 

Here are the spec's:

DQ750ST is certified to 80 PLUS Gold, achieving up to 87-90% electrical efficiency, lowering heat generation and reducing operational costs. This PSU offers outstanding and stable performance, making it one of the best Deepcool PSU solutions. DQ750ST is capable of providing a continuous 750W electrical supply under 50oC. Cooling is achieved with a quiet 120mm variable-speed fan. DQ750ST is provided with all the features necessary for building the perfect gamer rig.

Maximum Power 700W - 799W

Energy - Efficient 80+ Gold

Modular Standard Cables

Should I get this and why? God I'm lost 

Is deepcool a trusted company?

My specs:

3060ti 

R7 2700X

Its OEM is CWT and the platform is GPS, like Enermax Revolution XT II and Bitfenix Formula Gold. It is a decent PSU, but I'd avoid it because there is no OTP, that's why it's in tier C on the tier list. Whether or not you should avoid it is a matter of preference really, I personally find no OTP to be a bummer, but if you are fine with it then by all means I'm OK.

As far as Deepcool goes, I have 3 Gammaxx coolers running on 3 different builds, and I can say they're OK. This don't mean much, but at least you have an idea that this company is not a bad one.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:08 PM, boghubodaghi said:

Its OEM is CWT and the platform is GPS, like Enermax Revolution XT II and Bitfenix Formula Gold. It is a decent PSU, but I'd avoid it because there is no OTP, that's why it's in tier C on the tier list. Whether or not you should avoid it is a matter of preference really, I personally find no OTP to be a bummer, but if you are fine with it then by all means I'm OK.

As far as Deepcool goes, I have 3 Gammaxx coolers running on 3 different builds, and I can say they're OK. This don't mean much, but at least you have an idea that this company is not a bad one.

Hey dude thanks for the feedback 

What's your opinion on this PSU?

Cooler master MWE 750 BRONZE - V2

80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED POWER SUPPLY

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-750-bronze-v2/

56 minutes ago, raventaker69 said:

Hey dude thanks for the feedback 

What's your opinion on this PSU?

Cooler master MWE 750 BRONZE - V2

80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED POWER SUPPLY

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-750-bronze-v2/

It's pretty good, probably at the same class as the DQ ST you asked earlier. It has OTP unlike the DQ ST, but it's only Bronze, so it's going to be noisy and you have to make sure you are getting the right batch as the batches prior to February last year has high ripple issues on low loads. There are also two version of that PSU, one with 230V only input and full range input. Always get the full range input.

But I have a feeling that you don't really need a 750 W. Most people are fine with 550 W, and 90% of builds don't require anywhere above 650 W.