2021 PC Buld (Cyberpunk benchmark)

theMadArgie

Budget (including currency): Around 2000 € give or take, could be more

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming (taking Cyberpunk as the benchmark), other heavy load modern games, streaming and video editing in the future

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Upgrading from an i5 6600, GTX 960 4GB OC, 8 GB RAM, B150 Mortar mobo

I'm planning on building maybe around May or July, so I can save even more money as I work. I want to enjoy Cyberpunk as it seems to be one of the most, if not the most demanding game at 1440p with Ultra settings and Raytracing on so its a good option to base a build out of this game alone.

I'm well aware of the current shortage of GPUs, but I believe I can wait for a 3080 or buy it from non official vendors, don't really mind, no rush, my 960 is still going strong. I believe the CPU to be key here. I also have a brand new unopened Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240P Mirage Kit, together with 3 MasterFan SF120M so I'm leaning towards a Cooler Master case and PSU if possible but not really defining. Not sure if Intel 10700K or Ryzen 5800X.

ok, id wait if i were you, but you could go for a ryzen 9 3950x, x570 board, 32gb ram, 30 series OR 20 series super cards. 

Id also recommend m.2 nvme storage only, and a pretty beefy psu.

I could make a pcpartpicker list, just ask

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

Well this whole pandemic situation certainly doesn't help at all, but still, maybe I'll get even more work time so therefore more money into my pockets. So I guess the sweet spot will be around June or July, maybe even August. 

Regarding the cpu, I was debating between a 10700K or 5800X since those are almost at the top according to tom's hardware cpu scaling benchmarks

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but here you go https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-cpu-scaling-benchmarks

So far 10700K and 5800x are my two options since they are reasonably priced and run pretty well with RT Ultra. GPU I'm leaning towards the 3080 as I said but I won't dismiss a 3070 or even a 3060ti if it pops up at a good price.

actually at your price point, id do the 5700 xt, great performer at this price range

ok, so due to the coronavirus, zen 3 cpus are very supply constrained, and amd right now has much better offerings and, if you were to fet an x570 board, you could upgrade to ryzen 5000 down the line

1 hour ago, orzathewail said:

This is very last gen. I really don't recommend the OP going with anything like this, especially considering the OP said he is not in a rush to get his hands on a RTX 3000 series card. Ohh... and that 3800X, that processor didn't make any sense even when it was new... it makes even less sense now. The only Ryzen processor that made less sense was the 3800XT. 😄 

1 hour ago, theMadArgie said:

Well this whole pandemic situation certainly doesn't help at all, but still, maybe I'll get even more work time so therefore more money into my pockets. So I guess the sweet spot will be around June or July, maybe even August. 

Regarding the cpu, I was debating between a 10700K or 5800X since those are almost at the top according to tom's hardware cpu scaling benchmarks

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but here you go https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-cpu-scaling-benchmarks

So far 10700K and 5800x are my two options since they are reasonably priced and run pretty well with RT Ultra. GPU I'm leaning towards the 3080 as I said but I won't dismiss a 3070 or even a 3060ti if it pops up at a good price.

If the 5800X is priced decently in your region, I would go with that. Otherwise if you are planning on doing a lot of video editing and streaming the 5900X might also be a good idea.  Please don't spend money on a 5700XT as suggested, regardless if new or used. Just wait for RTX 3000 availability to become better. It is anticipated this to happen during the summer months. Case and cooling is pretty much up to. I suggest getting whatever it is that you fancy and whatever fits in the budget after you have already chosen the main components. I personally wouldn't overspend on the case if that means sacrificing performance. Regarding the power supply you can't go wrong with a Corsair RM850x. It performs great and it won't break the bank. Alternatively  the Fractal Design ION+ 860W is a great unit as well, but pricing and availability isn't always great. If you go with Ryzen any 3600MHz that you like the visuals of and has decent timings (CAS16 or lower). For the motherboard, if you don't need all of the features of the X570 boards, you can save some cash and get a B550 board instead. The MSI MEG B550 UNIFY would by my personal pick, as it is a great all-round board which supports serious processor and memory overclocking. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 hour ago, orzathewail said:

actually at your price point, id do the 5700 xt, great performer at this price range

Two small issue OP said that he would like to stream and video editing, AMD encoding is pure garbage and if you want to stream without using x264 you are sh$t out of luck. Number 2 AMD currently doesn't have anything like DLSS which performs so well and few years down the road could make a difference between having playable frame rates and needing to upgrade.

Don't take me wrong I wish AMD did better and was an option for streamers/editors but right now its not

Note you won't have DLSS in 2077 without an Nvidia card, could be essential for higher resolutions

1 hour ago, Analog said:

This is very last gen. I really don't recommend the OP going with anything like this, especially considering the OP said he is not in a rush to get his hands on a RTX 3000 series card. Ohh... and that 3800X, that processor didn't make any sense even when it was new... it makes even less sense now. The only Ryzen processor that made less sense was the 3800XT. 😄 

If the 5800X is priced decently in your region, I would go with that. Otherwise if you are planning on doing a lot of video editing and streaming the 5900X might also be a good idea.  Please don't spend money on a 5700XT as suggested, regardless if new or used. Just wait for RTX 3000 availability to become better. It is anticipated this to happen during the summer months. Case and cooling is pretty much up to. I suggest getting whatever it is that you fancy and whatever fits in the budget after you have already chosen the main components. I personally wouldn't overspend on the case if that means sacrificing performance. Regarding the power supply you can't go wrong with a Corsair RM850x. It performs great and it won't break the bank. Alternatively  the Fractal Design ION+ 860W is a great unit as well, but pricing and availability isn't always great. If you go with Ryzen any 3600MHz that you like the visuals of and has decent timings (CAS16 or lower). For the motherboard, if you don't need all of the features of the X570 boards, you can save some cash and get a B550 board instead. The MSI MEG B550 UNIFY would by my personal pick, as it is a great all-round board which supports serious processor and memory overclocking. 

Don't really like that first build, seems like wasting money and that 3800x doesnt feel too future proof, especially considering I'm trying to achieve the biggest performance possible with ultra settings, rtx and high fps on 1440p

Stock wise there are no issues here in Spain but price is a big problem. The 10700k retails at 315 - 320 € depending on the store while the 5800x is at 475 €, that's a whopping 155 euros more expensive for just a few more fps. Not really worth it in my opinion, that's why I'm leaning towards the 10700k and Asus tuf gaming z490 plus combo 

Forgot to mention, I don't need cpu cooling as I have a brand new unopened liquid cooling kit, cooler master masterliquid mirage and 3 extra 120mm case fans. 

Could try to trade or sell it in the extreme case its not compatible with those boards

2 hours ago, theMadArgie said:

Don't really like that first build, seems like wasting money and that 3800x doesnt feel too future proof, especially considering I'm trying to achieve the biggest performance possible with ultra settings, rtx and high fps on 1440p

Stock wise there are no issues here in Spain but price is a big problem. The 10700k retails at 315 - 320 € depending on the store while the 5800x is at 475 €, that's a whopping 155 euros more expensive for just a few more fps. Not really worth it in my opinion, that's why I'm leaning towards the 10700k and Asus tuf gaming z490 plus combo 

If the difference in price is so big, definitely go with the 10700K. Gaming performance will be pretty much identical, especially when you overclock it. By the time you actually get around to building the rig, as you said, around June-July the new z590 boards will be out. From the looks of it they will be better than z490 for pretty much the same price. Worth considering imo. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

From what I've read though, the z590 offers minimal benefits and only some brands will carry pci4 and such. Gaming wise it doesn't really seem worth the wait and the 25 - 40 % price increase 

Little update

If things go well, I should start buying stuff right away

Took some of your stuff in this list but changed it a little bit

Should be something like this 

https://www.pccomponentes.com/lista-de-deseos/t58zuy3UXcOQVO

On 2/13/2021 at 9:23 AM, LpoolTech said: