Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And up and up those prices go.....

If people didn't want to upgrade to the latest graphics card and boycott buying from scalpers, you'll see how fast those people will change their mind if people cared about money and a warranty.聽

PSU Tier List || Graphics Card Tier List||聽Community Standards

Resonance Cascade Specifications:聽

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T聽 ||CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler聽||聽聽RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 ||聽聽Mobo: MSI X299聽Gaming Pro Carbon AC ||聽聽SSD: Samsung 970聽EVO聽1TB聽M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games) 聽||聽聽HDD:2X Western Digital聽Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive) || 聽GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO || 聽PSU: EVGA P2 1600W ||聽聽Case: Corsair 900D聽 ||聽聽Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE聽RGB ||聽聽Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky聽Switches|| 聽Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL||聽聽Monitor:ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"聽

1 minute ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

"Nvidia hopes to stabilize GPU shortages by releasing stocks of RTX 2060, GTX 1050 Ti"

https://www.xda-developers.com/nvidia-new-stocks-rtx-2060-gtx-1050-ti/

Speaking of which, why the hell were they keeping stocks of older graphics cards anyway?? Were they planning for this by purposely stating "We weren't expecting the huge demand for Ampere" etc.??聽

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T聽 ||CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler聽||聽聽RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 ||聽聽Mobo: MSI X299聽Gaming Pro Carbon AC ||聽聽SSD: Samsung 970聽EVO聽1TB聽M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games) 聽||聽聽HDD:2X Western Digital聽Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive) || 聽GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO || 聽PSU: EVGA P2 1600W ||聽聽Case: Corsair 900D聽 ||聽聽Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE聽RGB ||聽聽Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky聽Switches|| 聽Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL||聽聽Monitor:ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"聽

7 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Speaking of which, why the hell were they keeping stocks of older graphics cards anyway?? Were they planning for this by purposely stating "We weren't expecting the huge demand for Ampere" etc.??聽

I think it's it'd do with the GDDR6 shortages

https://www.pcgamer.com/gddr6-memory-shortage-now-said-to-be-behind-nvidia-and-amd-stock-woes/

This certainly didn't help either lmao

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-rtx-3090-stock-stolen-msi/

"MSI is even going as far as offering clemency to anyone who took part in the scheme, so long as they help track and recover the cargo"

($15k bounty for $330k worth of product, hmmm)

According the Nvidia the 10 series was never End of Life, just had such little demand they were barely making them

4 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

While true, doesn't explain for the reason for holding onto older stock, just seems like "Let's purposely produce lower quantities of Ampere cards so we can make money on inventory that didn't sell," (again this is my hypothesis and may or may not be based on fact).

4 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

This certainly didn't help either lmao

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-rtx-3090-stock-stolen-msi/

This will only reduce the supply of RTX 3090s in the market, but doesn't demonstrate why Nvidia did not聽ramp聽up production months聽before聽launching Ampere. At the end of the day, MSI is just a AIB and they don't produce the physical GPU dies themselves.聽

10 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

doesn't explain for the reason for holding onto older stock,

I don't think they had them in stock, I think they're literally producing new 10 and 20 series cards from TSMC or assmung

1 minute ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Only one of them will be worth something in an economic crash and shtf.

top kek

1 minute ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

I don't think they had them in stock, I think they're literally producing new 10 and 20 series cards from TSMC or assmung

top kek

Isn't Samsung and TSMC at max production right now with chips??聽

Just now, SpiderMan said:

Isn't Samsung and TSMC at max production right now with chips??聽

Yes lol, TSMC in particular because of AMD

Just now, Sp4gh3tti said:

Yes lol, TSMC in particular because of AMD

Well, they are in a tough spot due to allocation of the manufacturing allotment for the different manufacturing node processes. AMD is at the mercy of TSMC and also whatever they agreed on in their contracts. Apple has a huge chunk of 5nm production I believe. I think Nvidia might be trying to get chips produced at Samsung's factories due to TSMC at max capacity.聽

24 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

15k bounty for $330k worth of product, hmmm

15k? You could sell one of those 3090s on eBay for that much.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽This is not financial advice. I am聽not a financial advisor. I am not tiable for what you do

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

15k? You could sell one of those 3090s on eBay for that much.

Yeah literally, that bounty ain't gonna do shiz

Granted they did say "for any information"

6 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

Yeah literally, that bounty ain't gonna do shiz

Granted they did say "for any information"

I'll tell them I have onfo.

Me: The people who stole them have them somewhere.

Msi: Ok, where?

Me:聽Idunno. But they're somewhere. Can I have the 15k?

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽This is not financial advice. I am聽not a financial advisor. I am not tiable for what you do

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Me: The people who stole them have them somewhere.

Msi: Ok, where?

Me:聽Idunno. But they're somewhere. Can I have the 15k?

And people wonder why these shortages last so long 馃ぃ