Is the Xbox one good in 2021?

Alex_alex
1 minute ago, austin tech tips said:

Is the Xbox one good in 2021?

It's good if you want to play the game exclusive to the console, regardless of the year you buy it in.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Moved to console gaming. Please only post tech news in the tech news section.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Given that I'm an Xbox person to begin with, I'm biased into saying yes. But regardless, if the XB1's got exclusives you wanna play... Well, there's your answer.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i mean it is last gen if that matters to you. i still use it for the few console games i play with friends, imo the controller is better than the ps4 controller. you can get an xbox one s digital for next to nothing at this point, so definitley a budget friendly choice for 2021.

i find it still usable if all you want is some casual 1080p gaming

( if you want to know if it's worth still buying . I'd say it depends on the price)

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

16 hours ago, austin tech tips said:

What do you sayspacer.png

If you have a pc, no, as you can get practically every xbox one game with superior fps and settings etc...

If no pc, then I guess it's a cheap way to access a large library of good games. 

...ehhhhh... I guess it really depends on what you wanna play. It's an excellent Xbox 360 machine if you like to play those backward compatible games, but for playing Xbox One games... I'd go for an Xbox One X instead. 

If you can get an Xbox One for cheap, I wouldn't say it's a bad idea, but just keep in mind that it's not a great machine for multiplats, while exclusives tend to be better played on One X... unless Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 2 are on your radar.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Do the games suddenly become shit when a new generation hit or a console hits a certain age?

Regardless of if the games are on PC, or all backwards compatible on Series S/X, the Xbox One still is good, because it has a good library of games.  It's overshadowed by better ways to play those games, but that doesn't make it shit.  

It has a very solid library of games, has some, imo, overlooked first party titles, and third party titles on it are really solid.  

Now if you're looking to buy one in 2021, unless you're a collector, just wait till the Series S/X is in stock.  Both will run circles around the Xbox One, and it'll have even more games coming out in the future.  

But if the Xbox One is something you currently have, and it's really all you have.  Yeah, it's still good.  It still plays games and it plays the games already out for it, and the ones still to come out for it.  There's over 2600 games for the Xbox One, you have a good selection of stuff to play there.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.