open apps screen locations in windows reset after restart

jackharris27

Probably an easy fix, but 15 mins of Google only gave me political adds and "how to keep windows from opening all your apps on restart. no no no, what im looking for is when I start windows 10, I have to re organize all my apps that auto open every time. from Discord opening onto the wrong monitor, to NZXT CAM, Precision Tools... they all pop up on my main monitor in a lump upon every startup. I have to drag them to my second monitor and arrange them so they're viewable and not overlapping. when I power down for the evening and restart in the morning, everything is back on the main monitor. nd aparently defaut. 

Now, all of my shortcuts stay put, its just the apps that automatically open with windows. Is there a way to lock them into place when they open they're always where I left them?

Jack

Oh boy what I would give for everything to open on my main monitor. Anyways, have you tried the following:

1. Move all the windows to where you want them to be
  2. Close all the windows
  3. Reboot

-> Moved to Windows

Yeah... Windows isn't very smart when it comes to software loading. So the only way in stock Windows is the above. Drag to correct monitor as small window, close, open again (should open in correct), maximize, close again. And when you open it next time, it should be in correct monitor and maximized.

You can ofc use multi-monitor tools, like Actual Multiple Monitors, Multimon and DisplayFusion which give you even more controls. Like forcing size and specific location on screen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv