Need some help choosing a Motherboard

Hey peeps,

I'm currently building a new PC and I"m choosing between 2 Motherboards:

B550 aorus pro AC and the AX.

the point that worries me that the newer AX board has "12+2 phases digital twin power design (6+6 Phases parallel power design)" but the older AC one has "true 12+2 phases".

I'm fine with the older ac wifi and the lack of the type-C header on the AC board but I want some flexibility with the processor as I plan on upgrading it in some time and might play with overclocking too.

What do you peeps think?!

4 minutes ago, Meeena said:

Hey peeps,

I'm currently building a new PC and I"m choosing between 2 Motherboards:

B550 aorus pro AC and the AX.

the point that worries me that the newer AX board has "12+2 phases digital twin power design (6+6 Phases parallel power design)" but the older AC one has "true 12+2 phases".

I'm fine with the older ac wifi and the lack of the type-C header on the AC board but I want some flexibility with the processor as I plan on upgrading it in some time and might play with overclocking too.

What do you peeps think?!

It has been affecting some other boards, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Strix B550-E; but there are some issues with the AC board, potentially the AX. There are some problems with the Wi-Fi and/or the Bluetooth cutting out. There are also some USB issues (either all the USBs or the top USBs that are controlled by the CPU); some people have had these issues fixed in recent BIOS revisions such as F12, but others haven't and those using newer pcie cards like RTX 3000 have had to disable global c-states in BIOS and set pcie gen to 3.0 to solve the USB issues.

I currently have one of the USB issues (when I stream mhw my top USBs freak out).

On the other hand, I have been running the Pro AC for almost 2 months now with a 5600x, 3600 c16 ram and a 3060ti and, apart from the USB issue, is running just fine. I haven't updated my bios yet as I don't want to bring on other issues and am waiting for others to try it-but that's probably just me worrying lol.

finally escaped fm2+

2 hours ago, lgcas said:

It has been affecting some other boards, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Strix B550-E; but there are some issues with the AC board, potentially the AX. There are some problems with the Wi-Fi and/or the Bluetooth cutting out. There are also some USB issues (either all the USBs or the top USBs that are controlled by the CPU); some people have had these issues fixed in recent BIOS revisions such as F12, but others haven't and those using newer pcie cards like RTX 3000 have had to disable global c-states in BIOS and set pcie gen to 3.0 to solve the USB issues.

I currently have one of the USB issues (when I stream mhw my top USBs freak out).

On the other hand, I have been running the Pro AC for almost 2 months now with a 5600x, 3600 c16 ram and a 3060ti and, apart from the USB issue, is running just fine. I haven't updated my bios yet as I don't want to bring on other issues and am waiting for others to try it-but that's probably just me worrying lol.

yea I've read about the USB issues and some ppl say it affects some Asus boards too.

so aside from the USB, I'm more concerned about the VRMs in the AX board.

11 minutes ago, Meeena said:

so aside from the USB, I'm more concerned about the VRMs in the AX board.

The old Aours Pro just had 12 SIC651 50A power stages doubled with the ISL6617A doubelers, now with the new Aorus Pro, instead of having a doubled 12 phase, they have a 6 phase with 2 SIC651 50A stages per phase (Due to several reasons), this makes basically no difference in VRM performance and both will perform the same in that regard.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: