High Temperatures or Am I expecting too much ?

g0d1
Go to solution Solved by Jason 57,
2 hours ago, g0d1 said:

Thank you for your answers and patience. Should I change maybe to a lower voltage?

Personally I wouldn't worry about lowering the voltage. Of course I am in the same boat as @flashiling. I haven't changed the voltage on my system in probably 18 years or more. (I believe I under-voltaged my Slot-A Celeron back in 1999)

I would at least try putting one fan (the one currently mounted to the top) in the front and see what that does. (put it in the middle position of the front mounts.)

If that lowers your temps at all, then spend the money on some fans. (I think Artic 120mm 3-pack is the normal recommended)

Your case doesn't have a lot of breathing room in the front, but some colder air coming in will help. 

My Config : i7 10700F, Cooler CPU ARCTIC AC Freezer 34 eSports DUO, B460M DS3H, 16 GB, etc. So, I just build my first PC and I don't know almost anything about Bios Optimization and Temperatures. I used Aida64 for a stress test  and Core temp to  measure the  CPU temperatures and they went up to 90-95. I know it's bad, but I didn't expect  this high temperatures. I need suggestions about bios Optimization (like voltage). (Idle temperatures : 40-45) (Gaming : MAX : 71; MIN : 55)

image.png

stress testing usually makes it hit high temps, but if it doesn't hit those temps while gaming i don't think you've got a problem.

do you have proper airflow in your case?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

those temps are not a problem, prime 95 is not a realistic load that you will have while gaming ...

those temps in gaming are fine ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

stress testing usually makes it hit high temps, but if it doesn't hit those temps while gaming i don't think you've got a problem.

do you have proper airflow in your case?

I think I do, I have 2x 120mm fans, one on the roof of the case and the other one on the back, both getting air out. Also, the cooler is getting the air out to the back fan. Is it good enough?

1 minute ago, Dr0y said:

those temps are not a problem, prime 95 is not a realistic load that you will have while gaming ...

those temps in gaming are fine ...

Thank you for your answer !  🤠

Yeah these temps are well within spec, synthetic load is not comparable to standard use

My bios tip would be do not use load line calibration, it actually makes temperatures worse

3 minutes ago, g0d1 said:

I think I do, I have 2x 120mm fans, one on the roof of the case and the other one on the back, both getting air out. Also, the cooler is getting the air out to the back fan. Is it good enough?

do you not have any fans at the front of your case that blow cold air into the system?

also what case are you using

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Just now, flashiling said:

do you not have any fans at the front of your case that blow cold air into the system?

also what case are you using

Nope, no front fans.

Thermaltake S100 Tempered Glass

2 minutes ago, g0d1 said:

Nope, no front fans.

Thermaltake S100 Tempered Glass

haven't used that one before, so not sure how big of an improvement temps would be if  you added fans at the front.

but if your motherboard has extra pins available (or a fan splitter) you can try adding one or two, (if you've got the money for it) but can't guarantee how much it will help

16 minutes ago, flashiling said:

haven't used that one before, so not sure how big of an improvement temps would be if  you added fans at the front.

but if your motherboard has extra pins available (or a fan splitter) you can try adding one or two, (if you've got the money for it) but can't guarantee how much it will help

Thank you for your answers and patience. Should I change maybe to a lower voltage?

Just now, g0d1 said:

don't know anything about overclocking and voltage tweaking so i can't answer that 😄

2 hours ago, g0d1 said:

Personally I wouldn't worry about lowering the voltage. Of course I am in the same boat as @flashiling. I haven't changed the voltage on my system in probably 18 years or more. (I believe I under-voltaged my Slot-A Celeron back in 1999)

I would at least try putting one fan (the one currently mounted to the top) in the front and see what that does. (put it in the middle position of the front mounts.)

If that lowers your temps at all, then spend the money on some fans. (I think Artic 120mm 3-pack is the normal recommended)

Your case doesn't have a lot of breathing room in the front, but some colder air coming in will help. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS