Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone know the difference between these fans?

16 minutes ago, Blxnkd said:

Bigger Blades usually means more static pressure meant for heatsinks/radiators

But what's your case/heatsink, CPU, ect?

Likely don't need to spend that much on fans

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

11 hours ago, Blxnkd said:

As @Eighjan said above, this is the coding in the model numbers:

P = Pressure Optimize

F = Airflow

8, 12, 14 = Size in centimeters (80mm, 120mm, 140mm)

PWM = 4 pin

PST = Can be daisy chained together.

The Arctic F8 PWM PST is an 80mm 4 pin fan.  They can be daisy chained together.

The Arctic P12 PWM PST is a 120mm 4 pin fan that can also be daisy chained together.

The Arctic F14 is a 140mm 3 pin fan.

The Arctic F12 PWM PST is a 120mm 4 pin fan that can be daisy chained together.

The Arctic P14 PWM PST is a 140mm 4 pin fan that can be daisy chained together.

In general, the black fans are pressure optimized and the white are airflow fans.  In my opinion, there is almost no reason to buy the white "F" fans.  The black "P" fans move more air and are quieter.  Probably a "P" fan that is PWM PST in the size you need would work best.  If you had a lower end motherboard that only had 3 pin headers without voltage control, there is a P12 Silent.  That is a 3 pin, max speed of 1050rpm.  They don't move a ton of air, but if they were run at full speed 24/7, they are very quiet.

3 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

As @Eighjan said above, this is the coding in the model numbers:

P = Pressure Optimize

F = Airflow

8, 12, 14 = Size in centimeters (80mm, 120mm, 140mm)

PWM = 4 pin

PST = Can be daisy chained together.

The Arctic F8 PWM PST is an 80mm 4 pin fan.  They can be daisy chained together.

The Arctic P12 PWM PST is a 120mm 4 pin fan that can also be daisy chained together.

The Arctic F14 is a 140mm 3 pin fan.

The Arctic F12 PWM PST is a 120mm 4 pin fan that can be daisy chained together.

The Arctic P14 PWM PST is a 140mm 4 pin fan that can be daisy chained together.

In general, the black fans are pressure optimized and the white are airflow fans.  In my opinion, there is almost no reason to buy the white "F" fans.  The black "P" fans move more air and are quieter.  Probably a "P" fan that is PWM PST in the size you need would work best.  If you had a lower end motherboard that only had 3 pin headers without voltage control, there is a P12 Silent.  That is a 3 pin, max speed of 1050rpm.  They don't move a ton of air, but if they were run at full speed 24/7, they are very quiet.

arent pressure optimized fans which are the P fans on arctic for radiators then?

39 minutes ago, Blxnkd said:

arent pressure optimized fans which are the P fans on arctic for radiators then?

They can be.  Pressure optimized just means they work well in places that have restricted airflow, like a radiator or even the front of a case that has dust filters.  Even in an unrestricted space, a pressure optimized fan could still perform better than an airflow fan.  I don't like to speak too much on products I haven't tested and I haven't used Arctic "F" fans, but I have tons of Arctic "P" fans.  Unless someone else comments on the tone or quality of the sound made by the "F" fans, I would venture to say the "P" are better in most scenarios.

Generic fans vs arctic p12's which are pretty much just noctua fans in every way shape or forms performance and noise wise so yeah the p series is most likely a lot better.

Depends on what you want

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Generic fans vs arctic p12's which are pretty much just noctua fans in every way shape or forms performance and noise wise so yeah the p series is most likely a lot better.

Depends on what you want

the p12s are as good as noctuas ?

1 minute ago, Blxnkd said:

Yeah they perform identical they even do a little better at the lower end of the noise spectrum performance wise

20 minutes ago, Blxnkd said:

Noctua are better.  Build quality is better, nicer plastics, sleeved cables.  Noctua Browns come with some nice accessories in the box.  Noctua also has quieter hubs and a more pleasant sound.  But, Noctua are significantly more expensive.  You would need to decide if the extra cost is worth the quality difference.  I can say that there is hardly a mainstream fan that is as good as Arctic while costing less. At one point, I was buying Arctic fans for under $5 each in a 5 pack and individual fans for $7, I thought I would never buy another Noctua again.  Price has come up a bit since then, but Arctic are still a pretty good value.

I have not tried the Pccooler.  They look similar to 'UpHere" fans, which I also haven't tried, but I have seen some reviews on YouTube that you could look into.

18 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

Noctua are better.  Build quality is better, nicer plastics, sleeved cables.  Noctua Browns come with some nice accessories in the box.  Noctua also has quieter hubs and a more pleasant sound.  But, Noctua are significantly more expensive.  You would need to decide if the extra cost is worth the quality difference.  I can say that there is hardly a mainstream fan that is as good as Arctic while costing less. At one point, I was buying Arctic fans for under $5 each in a 5 pack and individual fans for $7, I thought I would never buy another Noctua again.  Price has come up a bit since then, but Arctic are still a pretty good value.

I have not tried the Pccooler.  They look similar to 'UpHere" fans, which I also haven't tried, but I have seen some reviews on YouTube that you could look into.

Check this, they call corona once but they change the name 

38 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah they perform identical they even do a little better at the lower end of the noise spectrum performance wise

Well, I love the P12 and P14 fans, but the Noctua fans are better. They also have different bearings for example. Price/Performance-wise the Arctic are unbeatable though.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

1 hour ago, Blxnkd said:

Lets just say that Arctic P12 PWM PST yield lower ampere (0.08a) drawn compared to noctua NF-A12 x 25PWM (0.14a). Price wise, they are cheaper. Build wise noctua better than arctic but for airflow, pressure static test and noise.. hmm maybe this will give you a better picture. (Video on hidden content below)

Spoiler

Case Airflow

Pressure static test 

as for the moonlight, they are rated at 0.35a they draw more current as compared to noctua or arctic p12 pwm pst. 

personally I go for Arctic P12 or P14 PWM PST CO fans. 

I am wondering if I should leave the Hyper 212 BE as its stock normal fan or replace it with the Arctic p12. Which fan is better?

3 minutes ago, Blxnkd said:

One has PWM sharing technology.

No idea what that is.

•  All Activity
  •  
  •  Mark site read
  •  
  •  Create 
  • Home 
  •  
  • Settings

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

•  Images are not allowed
  •  
  •  Maximum of 10 URLs
  •  
  •  Maximum of 30 lines

• View signatures?

Show other people's signatures alongside their content
  • Signature
    SizeFont

• Max total size: 20 MB
  • Save
  • Forums Community Standards All Activity My Activity Streams More All Activity
  • Mark site read Create Home Settings

Settings

Manage your account settings, and set up social network integration.

• Overview Email Address Password Security and Privacy Recently Used Devices Display Name Content View Behavior Signature Twitter Microsoft Google Steam Discord

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Images are not allowed Maximum of 10 URLs Maximum of 30 lines
  • View signatures? Show other people's signatures alongside their content Signature                   SizeFont
    • Drag files here to attach, or choose files... Other Media Max total size: 20 MB

• Save

• All Activity Mark site read Home Settings
  •  
  • Theme Privacy Policy Terms of Use Forum Support
  • Linus Media GroupPowered by Invision Community

8 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

One has PWM sharing technology.

No idea what that is.

A lot of arctic fans have 2 cables, one for the usual power, the other to connect to other fans to daisy chain them to share each others PWM signal so they all run at the same speed, I guess it's useful if you don't have a fan hub/not enough headers but then again Arctic makes a really cheap powered hub; I've used it, it's good-gets the job done for like £9.

finally escaped fm2+

PST can daisy-chain other PWM fans off it. So only one cable is needed to a hub/motherboard header. Neat idea tbh. Kinda like the non-flashy version of the LianLi fans that actually clip together.

43 minutes ago, lgcas said:

A lot of arctic fans have 2 cables, one for the usual power, the other to connect to other fans to daisy chain them to share each others PWM signal so they all run at the same speed, I guess it's useful if you don't have a fan hub/not enough headers but then again Arctic makes a really cheap powered hub; I've used it, it's good-gets the job done for like £9.

is this the fan hub? https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Case-Fan-Hub-Distributor/dp/B0887VG14J/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=arctic+power+hub&qid=1613096324&s=electronics&sr=1-2

3 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

You don't really need the fan hub actually. 

Here is the demonstration of the PST means you can daisy chain them and plug into 1 fan header instead of 3 fan header from each fans

Screenshot_20210212_130803.jpg

will it cause problems if i plug all of them into one header?

3 minutes ago, Blxnkd said:

will it cause problems if i plug all of them into one header?

Usually no, if I remember each fan header provided (1 amp) of power to the fans. Arctic fans are 0.08 amp so 3 fans in one header is not a problem. 

1 hour ago, iCoNrant said:

Usually no, if I remember each fan header provided (1 amp) of power to the fans. Arctic fans are 0.08 amp so 3 fans in one header is not a problem. 

ok thank you