ASRock Rack X570D4U dont POST

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

A better place to ask would be on Level1. Not that I like diverting people to other forums, but there are a bunch of us who own this board there.

Reading that thread before I did my build helped save me the headache of not knowing the board waits 60 seconds for BMC to startup by default lol.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/asrock-x570d4u-x570d4u-2l2t-discussion-thread/159996

Hey there,

I build myself a little NAS Server with the  X570D4U  Mainboard from ASRockRack

After I hooked all ( CPU cooler, ATX Power, CPU Power, etc. ) correctly up to the board and pressed the power key it turned up the fans and did a restart.

I connected the VGA to the dedicated VGA Port from the Mobo which is powered by the BCM IPMI Chip but there is no output.

For testing I also put in a Zotac Geforce GT10 for video output but still no video.

After that I connected the dedicated IPMI Port to the Network.

Finnaly in the IPMI there were no CPU or GPU or even no RAM detected in the Peripherals tab. I also tried the KVM interface of the IPMI but there was a black screen and a text saying "No Signal".

Even after several reboots and testings I couldnt get a video signal out of the Board.

Did anybody encountered this problem before or maybe has the same board at home and can give me some tips to fix my mainboard ?

( The ATX cable from the power supply was to short, so I extended it with a ATX extension cable from SilverStone )

btw. after all theese tests I did I think the board could be broken.

Thank You !

A better place to ask would be on Level1. Not that I like diverting people to other forums, but there are a bunch of us who own this board there.

Reading that thread before I did my build helped save me the headache of not knowing the board waits 60 seconds for BMC to startup by default lol.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/asrock-x570d4u-x570d4u-2l2t-discussion-thread/159996

What CPU?

Also I'd pull that GPU. These server motherboards sometimes default to PCI_e for VGA and as a result the IPMI KVM stops working since it relies on the onboard video.

17 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What CPU?

Also I'd pull that GPU. These server motherboards sometimes default to PCI_e for VGA and as a result the IPMI KVM stops working since it relies on the onboard video.

Realy good call, but I allready tried without GPU and it was still the same weired problem. 

3 minutes ago, LinuxTux23 said:

Realy good call, but I allready tried without GPU and it was still the same weired problem. 

CPU is good for All BIOS versions.

What RAM are you using specifically?

8 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

CPU is good for All BIOS versions.

What RAM are you using specifically?

I use 2 16GB 2133Mhz. ECC unbuffered EUDIMMS from Crucial. They are in the Mainboard ds compatibility list too.

1 minute ago, LinuxTux23 said:

I use 2 16GB 2133Mhz. ECC unbuffered EUDIMMS from Crucial. They are in the Mainboard ds compatibility list too.

Well, if you've already taken it down to nothing but the CPU/MB/RAM and trying just one stick doesn't help then you probably have a dead motherboard.

Last ditch attempt. Did you verify the PSU is fine?

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Well, if you've already taken it down to nothing but the CPU/MB/RAM and trying just one stick doesn't help then you probably have a dead motherboard.

Last ditch attempt. Did you verify the PSU is fine?

I'll try to plug everything out and a second time in tomorrow.

Actually I am not quiet sure how to check the PSU but its nearly new. Thank you for your ideas and support but I will now continue to solve the problem while sleeping. 😉😴