GPU fan speeds faster after flashing bios

Avcn42

Title sums it up fairly well. After finally having the courage to flash it, my 3080s fans went from a maximum of 2500 rpm to 3000. It's a gigabyte eagle oc, flashed to gaming oc. The bump in power limit allowed for better clocks, and the core temperatures are fine. However, does anyone know if it's damaging to run it at the new rpm limit? The reason why I'm considering taking advantage of this is because it does cool down the memory by 6C, which is substantial. I did not apply any thermal pads between the back of the card and the backplate, but I plan on doing so in the future. 

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

If the Eagle OC and the Gaming OC models use the same fans then theoretically they should be able to go up to 3000 RPM without issue.

If not, you may end up shortening the lifespan of the fans by running them 20 percent faster than designed for. Will that matter over the life of the card? Maybe not. But it would be a risk.

Or, just keep them capped to 2500 RPM and not worry about it.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

15 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

If the Eagle OC and the Gaming OC models use the same fans then theoretically they should be able to go up to 3000 RPM without issue.

If not, you may end up shortening the lifespan of the fans by running them 20 percent faster than designed for. Will that matter over the life of the card? Maybe not. But it would be a risk.

Or, just keep them capped to 2500 RPM and not worry about it.

Thanks for the help! I'm not sure if there's any difference between the two models fans, but I do think they're indeed the same. Maybe it was supposed to ramp up to 3000 rpm, other eagle owners could tell how theirs run with the stock bios. I'm not particularly worried about the lifespan of the fans since I doubt that would become an issue any time soon at all, I'm only worried if they're being pushed beyond what they're rated for, since that could potentially cause premature failure. I plan on keeping them at full speed since the memory reaches 100C at lower rpms. That is my primary concern. 

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //