Decision of buying a graphics card out of 3 options

Hey guys, so I can finally afford to buy a new graphics card but I'm not sure what to buy out of the three options I have:

Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse SF 4G (most expensive of the three)

Gigabyte GTX 1650 D6 OC 4GB

Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB (the cheapest of the three)

My concerns:

My recently bought 21-inch 1080p monitor supports AMD Freesync. But I have an Intel Core i3 - 7100 3.9 GHz, I'm not sure if the CPU might affect things too much. (Please keep in mind, I only want to play at 1080p Medium/High with 30+ FPS.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kind Regards

PrimeMinister

2 minutes ago, PrimeMinister said:

Hey guys, so I can finally afford to buy a new graphics card but I'm not sure what to buy out of the three options I have:

My concerns:

My recently bought 21-inch 1080p monitor supports AMD Freesync. But I have an Intel Core i3 - 7100 3.9 GHz, I'm not sure if the CPU might affect things too much. (Please keep in mind, I only want to play at 1080p Medium/High with 30+ FPS.)

Kind Regards

PrimeMinister

i suggest you to chose the rx 5500 xt if you can afford it, if not then pick the 1650 rather than 1050, but if you are a budget guy i'll suggest 1050

3 minutes ago, PrimeMinister said:

My concerns:

Kind Regards

PrimeMinister

go with the 1650

11 minutes ago, ElectroBrocoli said:

i suggest you to chose the rx 5500 xt if you can afford it, if not then pick the 1650 rather than 1050, but if you are a budget guy i'll suggest 1050

Tbf I wanna try the XT cause I want to see if AMD lives up to the hype and the card  is just under the limit of my budget (R4000, 270 USD ). I'm just worried that the CPU won't work together well with the card and I don't want to waste 270 USD for nothing, ya know?

8 minutes ago, PrimeMinister said:

Tbf I wanna try the XT cause I want to see if AMD lives up to the hype and the card  is just under the limit of my budget (R4000, 270 USD ). I'm just worried that the CPU won't work together well with the card and I don't want to waste 270 USD for nothing, ya know?

You will have bigger problems with drivers and hardware level issues than CPU/GPU bottlenecking. If it works, then it works.  

if you have the option, go for 5500XT. They will have better value down the line if you decide to upgrade again. 

im running an i7-7700K with R9 390X. Desperate for a GPU upgrade, but I dont see upgrading the CPU for another 2-3 years. Probably when DDR5 memory launches... 

35 minutes ago, PriitM said:

You will have bigger problems with drivers and hardware level issues than CPU/GPU bottlenecking. If it works, then it works.  

if you have the option, go for 5500XT. They will have better value down the line if you decide to upgrade again. 

im running an i7-7700K with R9 390X. Desperate for a GPU upgrade, but I dont see upgrading the CPU for another 2-3 years. Probably when DDR5 memory launches... 

Thx for the advice! I am planning to upgrade to a 6th/7th gen i5 down the line. (but not within the next 6 months to a year)

Just now, PrimeMinister said:

Thx for the advice! I am planning to upgrade to a 6th/7th gen i5 down the line. (but not within the next 6 months to a year)

Old 6/7 gen i CPUs are expensive (for instance, i7-7700K is €500 brand new now). I would look at ryzen CPUs for any planned upgrade. People are swapping them out like they did with Intel stuff a few years back. So the second hand market will have better prices in 6 mon/1 year. 

4 minutes ago, PriitM said:

Old 6/7 gen i CPUs are expensive (for instance, i7-7700K is €500 brand new now). I would look at ryzen CPUs for any planned upgrade. People are swapping them out like they did with Intel stuff a few years back. So the second hand market will have better prices in 6 mon/1 year. 

Ok, will look into that if I make a build from scratch. So, my last question is, is bottlenecking overrated/overhyped or is it a genuine concern? Cause on another forum I went on, some people kept hammering on bottlenecking cause I have an i3... while others had more or less your take on bottlenecking.

Just now, PrimeMinister said:

Ok, will look into that if I make a build from scratch. So, my last question is, is bottlenecking overrated/overhyped or is it a genuine concern? Cause on another forum I went on, some people kept hammering on bottlenecking cause I have an i3... while others had more or less your take on bottlenecking.

Bottlenecking becomes an issue if you are combining really old hardware (more than 3-4 generations difference) or trying to squeeze extra performance (for that 5% bragging rights). As long its stable, you should not worry about bottlenecking for gaming. Plus you can turn down graphics settings for better FPS/stability. Digital bullets work exactly the same on max and min settings. Main thing is to have the option to game LONG not hard. You wont be enjoying yourself if the game keeps crashing every 10 minutes due to overstretched demands...

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, PrimeMinister said:

My concerns:

Kind Regards

PrimeMinister

5500xt