EVGA Launches New X-Series Mice - 8K Polling Rate - Triple Sensor

Orangeator

Summary

In what seems like a response to Razer's 8,000Hz polling rate mouse, EVGA has launched their X17 and X20 mice today. To better clarify, only the X17 has the 8K polling rate, which is wired. The X20, wireless edition of the X17, unfortunately still has a standard polling rate of 1,000Hz. 

Another interesting feature of these mice is their addition of 2 new sensors to better handle lift-off distance. 

Triple Sensor with 3-Dimension Array Tech

EVGA brings you the world's first triple sensor mice with dual LOD sensors, paired with a Pixart 3335 optical sensor on the X20 or Pixart 3389 on the X17. Most gaming mice use the mouse's primary sensor or an additional LOD to detect the lift-off distance, while the EVGA X20/17 uses a more advanced 3-Dimension Array Tech. This system uses a triple sensor algorithm to detect the position where you lift the mouse off a surface and put the mouse back down, achieving the shortest and most accurate lift-off distance. EVGA's 3-Dimension Array Tech algorithm can detect within a minimum of 0.4 mm to a maximum of 3 mm from the mouse to the surface, dynamically adjusting the best power-off height. Customize the power-off height in different directions to achieve the most accurate gaming in the world with EVGA UNLEASH

My thoughts

Personally, I ordered the X17 to try out the 8K polling rate. It's always exciting to see more market competition and innovation.

Sources

https://www.evga.com/about/pressrelease/?id=404

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

11 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Summary

In what seems like a response to Razer's 8,000Hz polling rate mouse, EVGA has launched their X17 and X20 mice today. To better clarify, only the X17 has the 8K polling rate, which is wired. The X20, wireless edition of the X17, unfortunately still has a standard polling rate of 1,000Hz. 

Another interesting feature of these mice is their addition of 2 new sensors to better handle lift-off distance. 

Triple Sensor with 3-Dimension Array Tech

My thoughts

Personally, I ordered the X17 to try out the 8K polling rate. It's always exciting to see more market competition and innovation.

Sources

https://www.evga.com/about/pressrelease/?id=404

wait... evga... makes... mice? Better be good. Honestly to me they look like ROG gladius ripoffs. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Meh it's a brick. We've seen separate sensors for LoD adjustments before, nothing new. I'd expect you have 360Hz monitor if you even want to try 8000Hz polling rate, from early looks what I've seen Quake Champions only one supporting it properly so far. Maybe some other games patched that. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I like the more science fiction space ship look in things.

I'm more interested in that then the 8K polling stuff by far.

I wish they would put more of that look into the laptops too these days instead of just focusing on slim and light to the exclusion of every thing else.

I also liked that yellow cyberpunk mouse I saw on one of the LTT videos.

I wish all the companies would focus on cool looks more.

🤖

On 2/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Brok3n But who cares? said:

wait... evga... makes... mice? 

Yes, and have for a while. I pre-ordered their original X10 mouse back when it launched and used it up until the beginning of last year when it finally died. Still have the free mousepad that came with it.