New build: No peripherals working and White VGA LED lit up

Hi. I started on this build yesterday and I'm running into a couple of issues.

Here's the specs:

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB DUAL OC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 3600 MHz (PC4-28800) (F4-3600C17D-32GTZSW)

PSU: Corsair RMx 850 W 80+ Gold (CP-9020188-EU)

STORAGE: Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME

BIOS TESTED: BIOS-1801 or BIOS-1202

When I boot I have no peripherals lighting up and the "error lights" stop at the white VGA LED. When I unplug the GPU it sometimes allows the peripherals (keyboard/mouse) to light up, but the white VGA LED stays on. All 7 fans and 2 cpu cooler fans are running fine. M.2 SSD had contact in BIOS. Voltage to internals were fine. RAM showed 32GB. 

The furthest I got while testing things were to the bios at latest version 1801. Everything was running fine and I checked if everything had connection and power. I was about to start installing Windows after being in bios and the display shut right off before we got started. When I restarted it I was back to square one with the white LED lighting up and no contact with GPU again. 

- Flashed 2 different bios.

- Cleared CMOS battery.

- Taken GPU into PCIe 4.0 slot and PCIe 3.0 slot and tested everything on both places.

- Tried several different cables and cable configurations from the PSU to try to make sure it wasn't a PSU problem or connection problem.

All the parts should be compatible and the only thing I thought would end up being a bit tricky was if something acted up due to the 5800x and the RTX 3070 being new products. Thought maybe an old bios would be the only issue when getting started. I should say this is the first build I've done in about 10 years so I thought I might get some problems.

Is there anything else I can do? Do you know how I can solve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Have you got a spare graphics card?

You could try putting that in to see if it makes a difference 

I hope this helps 🙂 

3 minutes ago, BigNavi31 said:

Have you got a spare graphics card?

You could try putting that in to see if it makes a difference 

I hope this helps 🙂 

I wish I did.. I have no spare parts available right now and the 5800x doesn't have internal graphics. I might have to try and get my hands on some spare parts if I can't figure it out within today or tomorrow. Thanks for reply! 🙂

I can add that it was odd that when the GPU worked - it seemingly had no issues displaying anything. And it's odd that the peripherals won't work here and there either. 🤔

Edited by THESOAPLOBSTER