Report: AMD's competitor to Nvidia DLSS, FidelityFX Super Resolution, to launch in Spring

Random_Person1234

FFSS is so much harder to say than DLSS quickly, therefore, I don't like it.

keep in mind guys this will be a generation 1. Be fully prepared to be disappointed in it versus DLSS 2.0

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 2/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, Vanderburg said:

FFSS is so much harder to say than DLSS quickly, therefore, I don't like it.

What if everyone just calls it "For fucks sake's stupid?" I mean, FFS is already pretty common.

#Muricaparrotgang

This thread:

No, you're wrong!

No, you're wrong!

No, you're wrong!

No, you're wrong!

Why does every fucking thread on this forum devolve into this?

More on-topic: Late to the party, AMD. Just like most of their decisions in the past 5 years on the GPU side. Maybe I should go for Nvidia this next GPU upgrade.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

14 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

This thread:

No, you're wrong!

No, you're wrong!

No, you're wrong!

No, you're wrong!

Why does every fucking thread on this forum devolve into this?

More on-topic: Late to the party, AMD. Just like most of their decisions in the past 5 years on the GPU side. Maybe I should go for Nvidia this next GPU upgrade.

Well DLSS isn't that wide spread, and from what I've seen outside the DLSS titles, the AMD cards are cheaper and perform pretty comparably.

#Muricaparrotgang

Just now, JZStudios said:

Well DLSS isn't that wide spread, and from what I've seen outside the DLSS titles, the AMD cards are cheaper and perform pretty comparably.

"Cheaper" is a bit of an oxymoron when you're gonna have to blow a grand on a new GPU, if I were to be honest.

Plus I'm just a little annoyed by AMD drivers nowadays. I'd like to see if Nvidia is better in any real way, or at least more stable than AMD.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, PlayStation 2 said:

"Cheaper" is a bit of an oxymoron when you're gonna have to blow a grand on a new GPU, if I were to be honest.

Plus I'm just a little annoyed by AMD drivers nowadays. I'd like to see if Nvidia is better in any real way, or at least more stable than AMD.

I mean the competitors for the 3060ti and 3070, at least the MSRP prices. They did pretty much side by side or slightly better and for less MSRP.

I'm still on a 960, but outside of Nvidia surround being freaking terrible and sometimes causing me to wipe and reinstall the graphics drivers I don't think I've had any major issues with it. I was kind of wanting to try AMD to see if their multi-screen solution was any less crap, but I've heard it's not.

#Muricaparrotgang

RX 6000 cards are entirely unobtainable in EU. And those that are have ridonculous prices. Like, RX 6800, not even XT version with price tag of 1200€. You have to be insane to buy one at that price.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:50 PM, valdyrgramr said:

Flexes after paying a scalper near 3000 USD ASUS STRIX Gaming OC 3090  XD

Holy Christ!!!!! 😮   lol

Retailer scalped my ass, £1499

Game developers: looks at Steam Hardware Survey.

Also Game developers: yeah we're only going to bother implementing for Nvidia.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)