Who's the culprit here?

Go to solution Solved by Fishworm,

Just a follow up...

Through multiple forums and subreddits I was able to confirm that ASUS Rog Strix B450-F gaming MOBO, could not support Ryzen 5th gen Processors without BIOS update, which was not possible on this motherboard without booting up with 3rd Gen CPU. Hence without further delay I returned the mobo and replaced it with ASUS TUF 550M- Plus, this also required bios update but has provision to do so via USB and EZ flash button. Hence done.

Thanks for the support.

Hey guys first time posting here.

So I have started building PC this week with some of the parts ordered online while most of them purchased locally. The last time I assembled my PC was in 2013 that also was just an upgrade, so I might be little rusty.

My build so far consists of,

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

ASUS Rog Strix B450-F gaming  MOBO

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2*8) (CMW16GX4M2E3200C16)

Cooler Master MWE V2 650W PSU

Cooler Master 212 RGB CPU Cooler

Roix RGB Case

Now everything is in place and I am planning to buy Graphics Card as soon as possible (Budget Constraints😕). I have installed everything correctly by reading manual and Linus's Videos. Everything looked great. When the moment of truth came there was no display on monitor, hence I suspected RAM. As My CPU fan is side mounted it was blocking first RAM slot and I installed it Slot 2 & 3. Which now with online search I found out is not the right way it has to be 1 & 3 or 2 & 4. Also whenever I booted up during this trial the onboard indication LED was Yellow which indicates RAM is not proper or not installed proper. Hence I removed both and thought one of them might be damaged or not seated properly and inserted one by one in SLOT 1 or 2 (separately)  by making some room from CPU fan. Still the LED was Yellow.

image.png.d15ff3b8aea9150692d8b9eb48136008.png

Now I will go to the vendor to get these ram tested on his PC as if this is RAM are OK or not and will buy some cheap RAMs also to test if the issue is of compatibility with MOBO. Hence any suggestions to try out any other solutions first are welcome.

Also please can anyone confirm that this setup wont give any display via onboard HDMI as the Ryzen 7 5800X doesn't support integrated graphics or the integrated graphics is MOBO related hence the display should work.

Thanks in advance evryone.

You won't get any display output without integrated graphics. The hardware simply isn't there. If you couldn't afford a GPU, you probably shouldn't have splurged on an expensive CPU, Motherboard, Case, or RAM sticks. I can guarantee that a GPU is more important than an all-RGB setup. Nonetheless, it is quite weird that your RAM isn't working. Ryzen usually works better when the RAM sticks are in "2" and "4" (where slot "1" is closest to the CPU). Have you tried a CMOS reset?

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

The PC can't display anything if there is no GPU.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, ImAlsoRan said:

You won't get any display output without integrated graphics. The hardware simply isn't there. If you couldn't afford a GPU, you probably shouldn't have splurged on an expensive CPU, Motherboard, Case, or RAM sticks. I can guarantee that a GPU is more important than an all-RGB setup. Nonetheless, it is quite weird that your RAM isn't working. Ryzen usually works better when the RAM sticks are in "2" and "4" (where slot "1" is closest to the CPU). Have you tried a CMOS reset?

Okkk. Thanks for the reply. As for the splurging I am aiming for future proof solution. The CPU, MOBO and RAM total cost wont even break the bank for the cheapest NVIDIA 30 series (aiming for 3060 ti) as all the before mentioned components were bought on sale. And the RGB setup also cost me less than $100. And also 'I know flashy stickers doesn't make your car run fast' 😏

And since you suggested CMOS reset I will try first thing after getting home. Also won't a single RAM stick will work or it has to be two be in pairs??

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up...

Through multiple forums and subreddits I was able to confirm that ASUS Rog Strix B450-F gaming MOBO, could not support Ryzen 5th gen Processors without BIOS update, which was not possible on this motherboard without booting up with 3rd Gen CPU. Hence without further delay I returned the mobo and replaced it with ASUS TUF 550M- Plus, this also required bios update but has provision to do so via USB and EZ flash button. Hence done.

Thanks for the support.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 4:58 AM, Fishworm said:

Just a follow up...

Thanks for the support.

For the future, you can try going to a local computer store or repair business and ask for a "loaner" CPU that they'll let you use in the store to update your BIOS. Done that for years now and it's always worked.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website