What would you pay for a newish i7 32gb ram 1tb ssd pc?

Quadro

I am looking to sell pc's with the following specs:

NEW : CASE

NEW : X79 MOTHERBOARD

NEW : 80 PLUS 500W PSU

NEW 1TB SSD

USED I7 3820

USED : 32GB DDR3L 1866MHz RAM

~$400-$450. On the older side, don't know how good the PSU is, or what SSD is in it and how old. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

~$400-$450. On the older side, don't know how good the PSU is, or what SSD is in it and how old. 

They will be just regular 1tb nvme m.2 ssd's and a corsair 80 plus bronze psu. Both new.

Just now, Quadro said:

They will be just regular 1tb nvme m.2 ssd's and a corsair 80 plus bronze psu. Both new.

Just now, Quadro said:

The =y will be just regular 1tb nvme m.2 ssd's and a corsair 80 plus bronze psu. Both new.

PSU is still iffy (sorry if I'm sounding harsh) but a bronze unit with a HEDT board, I wouldn't pair them together. 

Have you thought about selling the parts individually??? You'll get more for them separately than together I think.  

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

PSU is still iffy (sorry if I'm sounding harsh) but a bronze unit with a HEDT board, I wouldn't pair them together. 

Have you thought about selling the parts individually??? You'll get more for them separately than together I think.  

500w is plenty, unless someone will buy a pc like this and add a power hungry gpu. And i just want some opinions, i can easily just sell with 650w+

If it's a quality motherboard, SSD, case, and PSU, maybe 500 USD? If it's a shit case and PSU, $400-450, and if the motherboard is shit then $300-350.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, Quadro said:

500w is plenty, unless someone will buy a pc like this and add a power hungry gpu. And i just want some opinions, i can easily just sell with 650w+

My estimate still stands. 

11 minutes ago, Quadro said:

I am looking to sell pc's with the following specs:

NEW : CASE

NEW : X79 MOTHERBOARD

NEW : 80 PLUS 500W PSU

NEW 1TB SSD

USED I7 5820K

USED : 32GB DDR3L 1866MHz RAM

That system isn't compatible. X79 doesn't support Haswell-e, so you'd have to get either an i7 - 4960x or get an X99 board and DDR4. If you do the former, I'd spend about $250-350 depending on part quality. If you do the latter, I'd do closer to $350-450, again depending on mobo, PSU, case, etc.

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That system isn't compatible. X79 doesn't support Haswell-e, so you'd have to get either an i7 - 4960x or get an X99 board and DDR4. If you do the former, I'd spend about $250-350 depending on part quality. If you do the latter, I'd do closer to $350-450, again depending on mobo, PSU, case, etc.

This system is very much compatible my friend, whats not compatible is an i7 3820 with lga2011-v3 boards as you are suggesting.

Just now, Quadro said:

This system is very much compatible my friend, whats not compatible is an i7 3820 with lga2011-v3 boards as you are suggesting.

5820ks are 2011-3. 2011 and 2011-3 have different pinouts and don't work with each other. It's not like AM3 and AM3+, and the memory controller on the 5820k does not support DDR3. You're welcome to try to get it to work, but it just won't

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Well I'll be dipped in ice cream. I know they get in the grey area there (w.r.t LGA2011v3 and LGA2011; X99 and X79) so I had first thought they work perfectly fine. 

4 minutes ago, Quadro said:

@RONOTHAN## is correct. The i7-5820K requires LGA-2011v3 motherboards, which are X99 motherboards. X79 motherboards are socket LGA2011, which are different than their X99 counterparts, and can only fit the highest CPU of a i7-4960X. 

Oh shit, i eat my words. i was thinking of i7 3820's. You're right.

Just now, SpiderMan said:

Well I'll be dipped in ice cream. I know they get in the grey area there (w.r.t LGA2011v3 and LGA2011; X99 and X79) so I had first thought they work perfectly fine. 

@RONOTHAN## is correct. The i7-5820K requires LGA-2011v3 motherboards, which are X99 motherboards. X79 motherboards are socket LGA2011, which are different than their X99 counterparts, and can only fit the highest CPU of a i7-4960X. 

I know i put the wrong cpu.

1 minute ago, Quadro said:

I know i put the wrong cpu.

So then its a i7-3820?? Now I'd say about $300-$350 now. Otherwise, sell the parts individually.

In which case I'd probably spend about $200 to $300. It's an 8 year old CPU at this point, and it's getting to the point where you can start finding an optiplex with an i5 8400 for not that much more than that, which has the benefits of being newer and overall outperforming it. Sure it has more PCIe lanes and the ability to have more cores, but you'd be lucky to get that much more than that.

Just now, SpiderMan said:

So then its a i7-3820?? Now I'd say about $300-$350 now. Otherwise, sell the parts individually.

I'm in the uk and things are worth more over here for whatever reason.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

In which case I'd probably spend about $200 to $300. It's an 8 year old CPU at this point, and it's getting to the point where you can start finding an optiplex with an i5 8400 for not that much more than that, which has the benefits of being newer and overall outperforming it. Sure it has more PCIe lanes and the ability to have more cores, but you'd be lucky to get that much more than that.

The thing is i can put a very high powered xeon in there, but most people dont know about them and only look for i7's.

The thing is i can put a very high powered xeon in there, but most people dont know about them and only look for i7's.

My point still stands. Sure you can throw in a Xeon E5-2697 v2 and charge more and call it a budget Workstation/Server, but unless you do that, the person buying it would be better off with the Dell, and the people who would actually throw in a Xeon would be more likely to buy parts individually. You'd be looking for a very specific customer, and I believe you'd have a very hard time finding that person for any more than $300 US (don't feel like converting). You probably would be better off just selling parts individually.

Then again, things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, so if you wanna try to get more than that, it's up to you.

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

My point still stands. Sure you can throw in a Xeon E5-2697 v2 and charge more and call it a budget Workstation/Server, but unless you do that, the person buying it would be better off with the Dell, and the people who would actually throw in a Xeon would be more likely to buy parts individually. You'd be looking for a very specific customer, and I believe you'd have a very hard time finding that person for any more than $300 US (don't feel like converting). You probably would be better off just selling parts individually.

Then again, things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, so if you wanna try to get more than that, it's up to you.

Not very true brother, i am not someone who looks to rip kids and mothers off, $100 to $150 profit per pc is plenty for me. What pisses me off is people overselling by $300-$400 to customers who dont know better.

3 minutes ago, Quadro said:

Not very true brother, i am not someone who looks to rip kids and mothers off, $100 to $150 profit per pc is plenty for me. What pisses me off is people overselling by $300-$400 to customers who dont know better.

I'm not saying you're trying to rip someone off. I'm just saying that, at least in my area, those systems that are priced like that tend to be listed for quite a while and just not sell. I don't want you to end the same way, and buying new parts (more than one) usually doesn't let you recoup your investment.

8 hours ago, Quadro said:

I'm in the uk and things are worth more over here for whatever reason.

That's fine. We both live in different markets 😉.