[US] i3-10100F - $69.99 at Micro Center (in store only)

aisle9

https://www.microcenter.com/product/633013/intel-core-i3-10100f-comet-lake-36ghz-quad-core-lga-1200-boxed-processor

Great deal, but forget about the motherboard combo at Micro Center. The best use case here is if you plan to upgrade to a 10600K, 10700K or 10900K but are in desperate need of something to get you off the ground right now, in which case most Micro Center locations seem to have at least a few Z490 motherboards in stock at reasonable prices.

If you plan to stick with this chip forever, there are a few sub-$85 H410 boards on Amazon and Newegg, but looking at their exposed VRMs, I wouldn't trust them with anything more than a 10100F, tbqh. If you step your budget up a bit to $95, you can get an AsRock B460M Steel Legend, although I'll admit I wasn't thrilled with the B550M version of that board and ended up returning it. Still, that would be a great candidate for a build that's going to eventually progress to having a 10700 on it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

7 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/633013/intel-core-i3-10100f-comet-lake-36ghz-quad-core-lga-1200-boxed-processor

Great deal, but forget about the motherboard combo at Micro Center. The best use case here is if you plan to upgrade to a 10600K, 10700K or 10900K but are in desperate need of something to get you off the ground right now, in which case most Micro Center locations seem to have at least a few Z490 motherboards in stock at reasonable prices.

If you plan to stick with this chip forever, there are a few sub-$85 H410 boards on Amazon and Newegg, but looking at their exposed VRMs, I wouldn't trust them with anything more than a 10100F, tbqh. If you step your budget up a bit to $95, you can get an AsRock B460M Steel Legend, although I'll admit I wasn't thrilled with the B550M version of that board and ended up returning it. Still, that would be a great candidate for a build that's going to eventually progress to having a 10700 on it.

i3-10100f? ive been told its a good cpu for gaming with only 4 cores, but i dont think that the micro center here is running out of boards, last time i checked they had them in full stock

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

i3-10100f? ive been told its a good cpu for gaming with only 4 cores, but i dont think that the micro center here is running out of boards, last time i checked they had them in full stock

Right, but they're all $160+ Z490. That makes absolutely no sense to pair with a 10100F unless you plan to upgrade in the near future.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Right, but they're all $160+ Z490. That makes absolutely no sense to pair with a 10100F unless you plan to upgrade in the near future.

oh yea i remeber seeing a h410 board for $143 and being like wat

4 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

oh yea i remeber seeing a h410 board for $143 and being like wat

Yeah, that's how MC gets you. They have the $20 discount on a combo because they know you'll buy both from them, but if you look up the boards they have that make sense for the CPU that's at a ridiculously low price, those boards are almost always considerably cheaper on Amazon or Newegg. In this case, the Z490 stuff is reasonable, but you really shouldn't be buying a Z490 board to go with your 10100F anyway. If the motherboard for your entry-level CPU costs over twice what the CPU does, you're doing it wrong.

I'm very strongly considering getting a 10100F from MC and a craptastic, dirty-ho cheap H410M board from Amazon (for $60) to put together a sleeper, but I have absolutely no use for it right now.

Wait, so it's $49.99 with a compatible motherboard?!

This is hands-down the best new CPU deal I've ever seen, considering this chip is on part with a 7700k at stock speeds. Shame they don't have cheapo H410/B460 boards right now. 

27 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

This is hands-down the best new CPU deal I've ever seen, considering this chip is on part with a 7700k at stock speeds. Shame they don't have cheapo H410/B460 boards right now. 

If they had a $60-70 H410 in stock, I’d have been there already.

In fact, if I hadn’t already pulled my 8086K out of retirement and bought a board for it, I’d have replaced my 1600 with this just for the upgrade potential alone.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:00 AM, Aereldor said:

Shame they don't have cheapo H410/B460 boards right now.

There's one for $60 on Amazon that will be shipped on the 21st and you can order it right now. Only thing that sucks is you're not gonna get much clock speed out of it and there's no M.2 slot.

It allows a $300 PC to be built though without a GPU... Throw in a used GPU and you've got one hell of a deal.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LQ9vht

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($69.99) 
Motherboard: ASRock H410M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16 Memory  ($61.99 @ Corsair) 
Storage: Silicon Power Ace A55 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($31.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: DIYPC Zondda ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CV 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $298.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-07 01:48 EST-0500

I still don't know how to do this markup thing properly.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:30 AM, aisle9 said:

If they had a $60-70 H410 in stock

Amazon does, it's just a 2 week wait on the backorder.

1 minute ago, Paul Rudd said:

There's one for $60 on Amazon that will be shipped on the 21st and you can order it right now. Only thing that sucks is you're not gonna get much clock speed out of it and there's no M.2 slot.

It allows a $300 PC to be built though without a GPU...

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LQ9vht

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($69.99) 
Motherboard: ASRock H410M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16 Memory  ($61.99 @ Corsair) 
Storage: Silicon Power Ace A55 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($31.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: DIYPC Zondda ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CV 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $298.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-07 01:48 EST-0500

I still don't know how to do this markup thing properly.

If you're using the 10100F, a PC with no GPU is a PC with no display. I think Micro Center has some cheaper Power Spec PSUs, and those are actually pretty solid.

Ironically enough, my Micro Center had a B460 and an H470 board come in. The B460 was ATX and $150, I believe. Sold almost immediately. The H470 was an ITX board for $180 and is still there. That's how they get you. Cheap CPU with only expensive motherboards on hand for it.

5 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

There's one for $60 on Amazon that will be shipped on the 21st and you can order it right now.

That's also a really good deal - I checked and there are cheap-ish boards on MicroCenter depending on which store, so you could get that CPU for $50 if you're lucky to live near one of those

I miss the $300 PC - G3258, 750 ti, h81, and that $20 grey seasonic. Had to be a crappy 320gb mechanical drive back in the day though

6 hours ago, Aereldor said:

That's also a really good deal - I checked and there are cheap-ish boards on MicroCenter depending on which store, so you could get that CPU for $50 if you're lucky to live near one of those

I miss the $300 PC - G3258, 750 ti, h81, and that $20 grey seasonic. Had to be a crappy 320gb mechanical drive back in the day though

lol I’m staring at my Uber-pc mini ITX build—G3258, 960 4GB, H81I, and a Zalman CNPS-8900 Quiet that’s stuck on there forever. I’m actually headed to Micro Center shortly to pick up a Solid Gear Basic PSU for it—bottom of the bottom of the barrel—because I want its CX-550M for something else, I hardly use it and power draw is so low that even a $15-20 barn burner is fine for it.

And if I happen to buy a 10100F while I’m there... let’s just say I’ve been putting this off in hopes that they’d sell out and make it easy for me.

9 hours ago, aisle9 said:

If you're using the 10100F, a PC with no GPU is a PC with no display.

"Throw in a used GPU and you've got one hell of a deal."

The B460 was ATX and $150, I believe.

The only B460 I'd ever buy $109. Sure it'll provide the higher clock speed but RAM is still limited to 2666. Which when going i3 10100, may not be worth $49 extra over the $60 H410. I mean, that $49 could be put towards the used GPU and get more performance than a higher CPU clock speed.

That's how they get you. Cheap CPU with only expensive motherboards on hand for it.

Buy the motherboard somewhere else. Then they can't get you.

7 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I miss the $300 PC - G3258, 750 ti, h81, and that $20 grey seasonic.

Oh gosh, I build them all the time for several friends and family members. A used Ryzen 3 2200G for $65-$85 goes a long way provided you get the RAM clocked to at least 2933. It's so tough to get past that on a budget B450 ASRock HDV and expect to get the CPU to clock much higher than 3.7-3.8 GHz and get the onboard Vega graphics past 1400 MHz. It's a tall order but possible to just stick with these numbers.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

960 4GB

Oh my. Fun time getting this GPU to do anything special. I remember when watching GTX 960 gameplay videos were something to desire but when you attempt to push this thing in a 2020 build, the desire is an immediate upgrade.

27 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

"Throw in a used GPU and you've got one hell of a deal."

Fair point, although I'd argue that there's not even such thing as a "hell of a deal" on a used GPU these days. There's someone on my local OfferUp as of a few days ago trying to sell a GTX 480 for north of $100, and that's one of the more reasonable ads.

The only B460 I'd ever buy $109. Sure it'll provide the higher clock speed but RAM is still limited to 2666. Which when going i3 10100, may not be worth $49 extra over the $60 H410. I mean, that $49 could be put towards the used GPU and get more performance than a higher CPU clock speed.

Buy the motherboard somewhere else. Then they can't get you.

To your first line, I guess I didn't realize until just now what a shit value B460 is. You don't gain much over H410 boards that cost 20-50% less. The only real reason I can find would be a desire to run a higher-SKU locked chip like a 10700 or 10900 on better VRMs.

To your second, you know that and would, I know that and would, but Micro Center thrives on the "I want it all and I want it now mentality". They make up their margins on one by selling you the other, although in my years of shopping at MC and all the various locations I've been to, I've never had an associate come remotely close to pushy about adding a board after I said I wasn't looking to. I will, I absolutely will if the right combo deal is there, but usually it's not.

Oh my. Fun time getting this GPU to do anything special. I remember when watching GTX 960 gameplay videos were something to desire but when you attempt to push this thing in a 2020 build, the desire is an immediate upgrade.

True story, back in 2015 when I was getting back into building my own systems, I bought that exact card from Fry's Electronics for $215. Sitting right below it was an R9 380 for a little less, something like $200 I think. I had no idea what the AMD heirarchy was, but I knew that the 970 was really good, so the 960 was probably almost as good, right?

I have never gotten that card stable at an overclock greater than 40 MHz on the core, and even that was sketchy. Although I have had it and fairly consistently used it for over 5 years now, so despite the ill-advised purchase, I'd say I've more than gotten my money's worth. And, to be fair to the 960, this isn't some garden variety 2GB Dell OEM blower. EVGA really pushed the core clock on the 4GB SSC cards, and I've always kept that in mind while cursing its inability to OC.

29 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

Despite people saying this, I'm yet to find a game my GTX 960 can't run at 1080p, 30fps, medium. I actually really regret upgrading to the 9100F, should have kept my 4160.

55 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I actually really regret upgrading to the 9100F, should have kept my 4160.

This alone made me put off the power supply trip, because I know what would happen. I'd get the junk PSU, there would be a 10100F sitting there that I'd buy because now I have a spare PSU, and now I need a $70 mobo too. So all of a sudden, my $15 PSU now cost me $155 total, and I have absolutely no use for it. What I really need to do is spend nothing and hang onto my 8086K that I just bought a board for and my R5 1600 (OG, not AF) until LGA 1700 and AM5 come out, then see if it's worth upgrading either one.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

This alone made me put off the power supply trip, because I know what would happen. I'd get the junk PSU, there would be a 10100F sitting there that I'd buy because now I have a spare PSU, and now I need a $70 mobo too. So all of a sudden, my $15 PSU now cost me $155 total, and I have absolutely no use for it. What I really need to do is spend nothing and hang onto my 8086K that I just bought a board for and my R5 1600 (OG, not AF) until LGA 1700 and AM5 come out, then see if it's worth upgrading either one.

I mean we tend to do this, I just really wanted to build a PC, it had been a few years since I built one that I'd actually get to use. Only so much fun you can get out of repasting your laptop.

It wasn't a total waste- the 4160 got turned into a complete system with my spare parts and given to a charity that desperately needed it, but I do wish I'd kept it

10 hours ago, aisle9 said:

there's not even such thing as a "hell of a deal" on a used GPU these days.

The only reason it's a hell of a deal to me would be the fact that the rest of the build is just $300. And I understand that for some people, obtaining a good price on a used GPU may be a tough task but it's not that way for everybody.

There's someone on my local OfferUp as of a few days ago trying to sell

Wrong place and wrong someone if you ask me.

I have never gotten that card stable at an overclock greater than 40 MHz on the core, and even that was sketchy.

Sounds about right.

to be fair to the 960, this isn't some garden variety 2GB Dell OEM blower. EVGA really pushed the core clock on the 4GB SSC cards, and I've always kept that in mind while cursing its inability to OC.

It's not a bad GPU if you don't mind between 30-60 fps in 1080p.

10 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Despite people saying this, I'm yet to find a game my GTX 960 can't run at 1080p, 30fps, medium.

Sounds dead accurate. If you're fine with that, more power to ya'. Even after upgrading my GTX 1060 3GB, it'll always be a BEAST to me. It's actually one of the main contributors to my knowledge of individual graphic settings and how they affect both performance and visual fidelity.

5 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

Sounds dead accurate. If you're fine with that, more power to ya'. Even after upgrading my GTX 1060 3GB, it'll always be a BEAST to me. It's actually one of the main contributors to my knowledge of individual graphic settings and how they affect both performance and visual fidelity.

Yep, same. I used to help make mods for Skyrim and my collaborators would have dual 980 Tis and say things like 'Oh my god it doesn't run I need a 3rd GPU' and the solution would always be 'it runs on my 960 just disable ____ you oaf it looks the same'. 

Using that exact rationale, even with 2gb of VRAM, you can pretty easily get 300% the framerate and retain 80% of the visual fidelity of ultra. Flight Simulator runs better on my 1060 at 4k than faster setups at 1080p and looks a bit nicer too. NVidia really buried their best setting (Contrast-adaptive sharpening) deep in control panel. You can run games at 70% resolution scale with it enabled and literally not notice.

23 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Yep, same. I used to help make mods for Skyrim and my collaborators would have dual 980 Tis and say things like 'Oh my god it doesn't run I need a 3rd GPU' and the solution would always be 'it runs on my 960 just disable ____ you oaf it looks the same'. 

Using that exact rationale, even with 2gb of VRAM, you can pretty easily get 300% the framerate and retain 80% of the visual fidelity of ultra. Flight Simulator runs better on my 1060 at 4k than faster setups at 1080p and looks a bit nicer too. NVidia really buried their best setting (Contrast-adaptive sharpening) deep in control panel. You can run games at 70% resolution scale with it enabled and literally not notice.

A lot of this seems to stem from the mentality that PC games "need" to be run on ultra settings and that computers who can't run a game on ultra isn't powerful enough.

What many people don't or refuse to realize is that many modern games have ultra settings that have very little overall impact on overall graphics but come with a significant performance penalty. For a game like Cyberpunk 2077, the medium preset already looks plenty good and runs much better. Depending on your hardware, combined with upscaling, either with CAS or DLSS, the framerate surplus might be enough to the point where something like ray-traced reflections can be enabled without harming the framerate to the point of unplayability.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

A lot of this seems to stem from the mentality that PC games "need" to be run on ultra settings and that computers who can't run a game on ultra isn't powerful enough.

What many people don't or refuse to realize is that many modern games have ultra settings that have very little overall impact on overall graphics but come with a significant performance penalty. For a game like Cyberpunk 2077, the medium preset already looks plenty good and runs much better. Depending on your hardware, combined with upscaling, either with CAS or DLSS, the framerate surplus might be enough to the point where something like ray-traced reflections can be enabled without harming the framerate to the point of unplayability.

Can't upvote this enough. I love that people are finally waking up to this. It's not like 2003 when games were designed with ultra settings in mind and high, medium, and low were progressively downgraded to run on weaker hardware. At least until the PS5 era, games were designed with low-medium in mind, with high and ultra offering diminishing returns for visuals and huge performance cost because they never optimized beyond a point.

4 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Can't upvote this enough. I love that people are finally waking up to this. It's not like 2003 when games were designed with ultra settings in mind and high, medium, and low were progressively downgraded to run on weaker hardware. At least until the PS5 era, games were designed with low-medium in mind, with high and ultra offering diminishing returns for visuals and huge performance cost because they never optimized beyond a point.

Pretty much. I only enable ultra settings when I have the performance budget for it. Otherwise, medium-high works just fine for me.

I'm a big proponent of getting more useful life out of existing hardware that isn't broken or unusable for the desired task.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On 2/8/2021 at 4:44 AM, Aereldor said:

NVidia really buried their best setting (Contrast-adaptive sharpening) deep in control panel. You can run games at 70% resolution scale with it enabled and literally not notice.

Interesting, verrrrry interesting.

8 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

What many people don't or refuse to realize is that many modern games have ultra settings that have very little overall impact on overall graphics but come with a significant performance penalty.

Exactamundo.

6 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Can't upvote this enough. I love that people are finally waking up to this.

You dammmmmmn right.

1 hour ago, D13H4RD said:

I only enable ultra settings when I have the performance budget for it. Otherwise, medium-high works just fine for me. I'm a big proponent of getting more useful life out of existing hardware that isn't broken or unusable for the desired task.

I use Ultra textures, that's about it. It almost always puts more usage on my GPU(Ultra textures are VRAM intensive) and secretly(for those that don't know) takes some of the usage off my CPU. In turn, lowering my CPU bottleneck.

The other settings I come close to ultra would be anything to do with terrain. It always differs in certain games but I like my terrain(ground, not grass) to look more realistic. It's my preferred eye candy setting. I actually turn shadows completely off in certain games(not all of them now) because they can hit performance like crazy in these certain games. Ghost Recon Wildlands is a perfect example. Shadows off literally gives a 15-20+ fps boost in this game and terrain at Very High is an eye candy setting. Having Vegetation at low is very important here and these combined settings are so beneficial for performance and visual fidelity. A reason I don't mind having shadows off in GRW is the fact that it goes from day to night so often.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:00 AM, Aereldor said:

No, you're twisting it.  It's not a discount on the CPU, it's a discount on the motherboard.  

Fantastic deal though at $69.99, will be grabbing one tonight on my way home from work.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

58 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

No, you're twisting it.  It's not a discount on the CPU, it's a discount on the motherboard.  

Fantastic deal though at $69.99, will be grabbing one tonight on my way home from work.

You buy that CPU, it's $69.99. You buy a compatible motherboard, you get a further $20 off on the purchase. You don't get that if you only buy the CPU. You also don't get that if you only buy the motherboard.