Haven't built a pc in a very long time, checking if this build looks fine.

TwistedSoul

Budget (including currency): Around 1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Warzone, Battlefield, cyberpunk, emulation, just about everything old and new. Maybe experiment with light video editing and CAD. 

I'm thinking of using my current R7 370 gpu as a placeholder until a 3060ti or 3070 becomes available for near regular pricing. 1080p monitor with plans to upgrade to 1440p 144hz one later on in the year. 

The drive is small but was planning on splitting it in half and using half for cache for a 2TB hdd laying around. 

The case, mainly picked for the usb type c front panel connection, I don't care about looks or rgb much. 

Is this fine? I'm afraid I'm missing something, cheap upgrade or better alternatives, that would be obvious to the people here that have kept up with current technology. IDE drives were the main connections inside a pc last time I built one. 

2 minutes ago, TwistedSoul said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Warzone, Battlefield, cyberpunk, emulation, just about everything old and new. Maybe experiment with light video editing and CAD. 

I'm thinking of using my current R7 370 gpu as a placeholder until a 3060ti or 3070 becomes available for near regular pricing. 1080p monitor with plans to upgrade to 1440p 144hz one later on in the year. 

The drive is small but was planning on splitting it in half and using half for cache for a 2TB hdd laying around. 

The case, mainly picked for the usb type c front panel connection, I don't care about looks or rgb much. 

Is this fine? I'm afraid I'm missing something, cheap upgrade or better alternatives, that would be obvious to the people here that have kept up with current technology. IDE drives were the main connections inside a pc last time I built one. 

It's almost the perfect system for a under 1000 build, except with that budget, I would recommend you going 3600Mhz on your RAM, as that will bump up your performance on Ryzen platform

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

40 minutes ago, TwistedSoul said:

changed the list so you have a better case, SSD, and PSU. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

39 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Okay thank you and everyone else. Like I mentioned I picked the case mainly for the good front panel options (usb-c) but if its a choice between performance or good I/O at this price point... rather have good performance. 

Any reason the ram was changed or just a preference to crucial? 

9 hours ago, TwistedSoul said:

Okay thank you and everyone else. Like I mentioned I picked the case mainly for the good front panel options (usb-c) but if its a choice between performance or good I/O at this price point... rather have good performance. 

Any reason the ram was changed or just a preference to crucial? 

It has a better internal building ( infinity fabric in case you are wondering the term for it ) so it can hold it's clock longer, and even allow you to overclock it if you wanted to

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:06 PM, Carbonado said:

It has a better internal building ( infinity fabric in case you are wondering the term for it ) so it can hold it's clock longer, and even allow you to overclock it if you wanted to

Well I wish I read this before pulling the trigger lol

Ordered what Downkey tweaked the partlist to, except upped the original g.skill ripjaws memory I had listed to a pair of 3600mhz rated ones. If I ever upgrade to more ram I'll go with crucial ballistix. 

Thanks again everyone!

Now just to build it and wait for a 3060ti or 3070 at msrp-ish price.