CAN THIS PSU POWER MY MSI GAMING X 5600XT USING MOLEX TO 8PIN ADAPTER "SAFELY"?

SEVY 2.0

IS THIS SAFE?? MY CURRENT PSU DOESNT HAVE ANY 6 OR 8 PCIE PINS JUST A GENERIC PSU.

image0.jpeg

Capture.PNG

Turn off your caps lock. Typing in all caps is considered "yelling" on the internet and is impolite. 

I wouldn't entrust any parts I cared about even a little to that PSU. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

No. Buy a new power supply. If the PSU doesn't have PCIe cables it's clear that it was never designed for powering high end, high power consuming graphics cards. Adapters are just a fire hazard.

Considering that PSU is listed for sale on online stores in UAE for 33AED ($8.99 USD) I would be throwing it in the bin immediately. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

No. Buy a new power supply. If the PSU doesn't have PCIe cables it's clear that it was never designed for powering high end, high power consuming graphics cards. Adapters are just a fire hazard.

Considering that PSU is listed for sale on online stores in UAE for 33AED ($8.99 USD) I would be throwing it in the bin immediately. 

you are correct a psu so cheap means low quality and dangerous

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Turn off your caps lock. Typing in all caps is considered "yelling" on the internet and is impolite. 

I wouldn't entrust any parts I cared about even a little to that PSU. 

I'm sorry. gonna pull this out now and throw. thank you.

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Thank You.

Just now, SEVY 2.0 said:

I'm sorry. gonna pull this out now and throw. thank you.

try corsair, evga, sesonic power supply they are good i mean awesome

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

1 minute ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

try corsair, evga, sesonic power supply they are good i mean awesome

No. Brand doesn't matter with power supplies. Two of three brands you just named don't actually manufacture any of the power supplies with the logos on them, and they all sell some good units and some bad units. Never, ever just recommend a brand. Also, resist the urge to chime in with "advice" on topics you aren't knowledgeable about. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

36 minutes ago, SEVY 2.0 said:

Get a Seasonic, EVGA or Corsair if you don't want your PC to blow up or catch fire.

34 minutes ago, SEVY 2.0 said:

Check the PSU Tier list on the psu category. You want tier C at least. Or tier D if you low on budget.

For budget under $50 i recommend Corsair CV450 or Seasonic S12III.

That PSU doesn't have a PCIE cable meaning it's manufactured / designed before 2010, which is pretty old.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, Louie Friesen said:

Get a Seasonic, EVGA or Corsair if you don't want your PC to blow up or catch fire.

No. Stop recommending brands. Seasonic, EVGA, and Corsair all sell some good power supplies and some bad power supplies. 

*** Thread cleaned ***

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

If you have issues with what others are posting, please report and ignore them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...

any thoughts for this PSU, i just bought it and doing well with my 5600xt. but it has only single strand of pcie cable with 2x 6+2 pins daisy chained, Im wondering if i can use to 2x splitter(1 splitter with 2x 6+2 pcie each daisy chained) and power up another gpu with more or less same tier with 5600xt. and probably use a gpu riser for it (using sata/amp/molex convert to 6 pin to power the riser).

thank you so much in advance.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

That is an OK PSU, not good but not garbage. But I won't run it with 2 GPUs. Adapters are never a good idea. 

22 hours ago, SEVY 2.0 said:

any thoughts for this PSU, i just bought it and doing well with my 5600xt. but it has only single strand of pcie cable with 2x 6+2 pins daisy chained, Im wondering if i can use to 2x splitter(1 splitter with 2x 6+2 pcie each daisy chained) and power up another gpu with more or less same tier with 5600xt. and probably use a gpu riser for it (using sata/amp/molex convert to 6 pin to power the riser).

thank you so much in advance.

At least it has a "stylish e-logo" on the fan.

BP? Seriously?  How many different Bronze units does EVGA have on the market now?

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

At least it has a "stylish e-logo" on the fan.

BP? Seriously?  How many different Bronze units does EVGA have on the market now?

There is B, B2, B3, B5, BA, BP, BQ, BR, BT, and BV. EVGA is sending some love for us 😅