Can you power on ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM without CPU for example make the system fans spin ??

Go to solution Solved by whm1974,

If I'm not Mistaken, Fans don't spin up until needed? Saves wear and tear on the fans.

hello fellow friends, i have my pc already built, i am just waiting for my CPU to arrive, is there a way I can power it on without a CPU when I press the power button(when panel connecters installed) nothing happens (fans don't even spin) I haven't yet tried to short the panel connecters. my specs are:

-ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM

-EVGA 500 W1 100-W1-0500-KR 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply

-G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

-AMD RYZEN 3 3200G(comeing soon)

Given that the board doesn't seem to support any sort of BIOS flashing without a CPU installed I doubt it. But why would you even want to be able to do this? 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Given that the board doesn't seem to support any sort of BIOS flashing without a CPU installed I doubt it. But why would you even want to be able to do this? 

so i can make sure the fans and ram is install corectly

Just now, owijo12 said:

so i can make sure the fans and ram is install corectly

But how are you going to check if the RAM is installed correctly without getting the system to post? Which it isn't capable of doing without a CPU 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

But how are you going to check if the RAM is installed correctly without getting the system to post? Which it isn't capable of doing without a CPU 

i think i pushed to hard on the motherboard also why is not the powersuply not spinning  when turned on ?

2 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Some Motherboards can update the BIOS/UEFI to support newer Stepping and CPUS using the Same socket and pinout.

1 minute ago, whm1974 said:

Some Motherboards can update the BIOS/UEFI to support newer Stepping and CPUS using the Same socket and pinout.

Which is why i said "Given that the board doesn't seem to support any sort of BIOS flashing without a CPU installed" 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Which is why i said "Given that the board doesn't seem to support any sort of BIOS flashing without a CPU installed" 

Sorry. I thought you were the OP. Oops.

If I'm not Mistaken, Fans don't spin up until needed? Saves wear and tear on the fans.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv