Cooling 3 PCs in 1 Room

I use two computers for work, and am about to build a server which will bring me to 3 air-cooled towers in my workspace. Additionally, there are 3x 32" LCD monitors which generate their own heat, along with other work related equipment that add heat as well.

Noise suppression is quite important, but cooling comes first. My concern is even with the best airflow cases and fans, is it possible the cases will pickup warm air exiting from the other cases / equipment, thus requiring other things to consider? Should I switch all computers to liquid? Move PCs into rack cases? Am I overthinking it?

13 minutes ago, 1045666 said:

is it possible the cases will pickup warm air exiting from the other cases / equipment

Yes, it will heat up the room, the only option is to cool the ambient temp.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Doesnt matter how good your case is because your room will get hot. My room gets warm with just one computer. Cool your room.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

A big thing will depend on the size of the room, and whether or not it has access to air conditioning.

Most important thing yeah

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

So... this is the situation where the "hot air rises" actually does matter. Coolest air is near floor. Depending on how big the room is, you should position PCs across the space so that each has as much of that cool floor-air as possible.

But the main problem is keeping room cooled. If the space is mainly closed (closed door, no windows or AC), all the electronics will circulate the heat. You need to setup some system, like AC or something passive, to make sure air circulates in that room.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I personally would make it the most efficient setup as possible. Yes A/C would help. 

But I would put all 3 next to each other with a box fan blowing at them. 

Ergo, each will get the same ambient air intake.

Of course the exhaust will push heat out and into the room until it reaches equilibrium.

Or put another fan in a window to draw the heat out. 

Ok, that is too much work! LOL 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

12 hours ago, Jason 57 said:

put all 3 next to each other with a box fan blowing at them

Is it possible to build a box fan with noctua fans? Are there any independent fan header switches that could draw power directly from an outlet separate from a computer?

I'll keep them all as close to the floor as possible and keep a window open. That's the best I can do until I can move to a more ideal workplace. AC I'll use in the summer when the building's management turns it on.

Could watercooling blow less air around?

Blow less air or more air around won't help. Same amount heat in the same amount of space. The only thing that will change is noise.

You need to remove the hot from the room. A portable a/c can to do it.

If you want to send a bunch of money on custom water cooling. You could place the rads outside and run the tubes from the pc to the rads.

Cheaper solution would be to get a 6 inch duct run it along the tops of the systems. Make a duct that fits the top of the case that goes to the 6 inch duct. Run the 6inch to the window. Mount it there. Id use some cardboard as its easy to mount to and seal the rest of the gap in the window. If you make a box on the cardboard you can mount a 200mm fan to help move air out. Id also set up each case to have positive pressure to ensure air move the way you want. This will make the fresh air go through the system and ou the window.

As far as connecting fan to an outlet, there are USB adapter or you can wire a fan to USB cables. 3 pin fans are easier.