Jeff is no longer the king of the Amazon - Jeff Bezos steps down as CEO

piratemonkey
14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Did.  He apparently no longer has a “does” according to the article.  So it’s “if they really don’t like it that should boycott even if there’s nothing else to use.  Boycott is the only true complaint..  anything else is a fake complaint” boycott is for sure the most extreme complaint possible, short of, say, rushing the building with torches and pitchforks.  That was what happened to landed gentry very occasionally in the Middle Ages.  I believe Mel Gibson did a movie around the turn of the century about it.  Complaining that people complaining about amazon’s behavior is insufficiently extreme This was about a dude leaving a position though.  As for defense of the wealthy I don’t think it’s like that at all.  I don’t think there is an assumption that anyone who is wealthy is automatically a bad person.  It merely that becoming wealthy while not being a bad person is generally fairly rare.  It requires actual technical innovation, which is not a common thing. This seems to be an end run of the previous argument done by simply restating the case as if the intervening statement never happened.  The “IM NOT LISTENING!!” defense. Scrutinization is not assumption. 

Complaining without action is simply Complaining. It won't change anything and shows that they don't really care. You act like not using Amazon if you are against what they do is something extreme but its not. If you don't like what a company does then don't support them with your business. Sure now Jeff is stepping down so maybe this doesn't apply as much but people still didn't do anything when he was still in the CEO position. Also executive chair is still a position of authority in the company so its not like he will no longer have influence in the company. As for being rich and being a bad person. I would say there are alot of people who are rich who are not bad people. It's not all that rare and the fact that you make it out to be that way just shows how skewed the public perception is. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Complaining without action is simply Complaining. It won't change anything and shows that they don't really care. You act like not using Amazon if you are against what they do is something extreme but its not. If you don't like what a company does then don't support them with your business. Sure now Jeff is stepping down so maybe this doesn't apply as much but people still didn't do anything when he was still in the CEO position. Also executive chair is still a position of authority in the company so its not like he will no longer have influence in the company. As for being rich and being a bad person. I would say there are alot of people who are rich who are not bad people. It's not all that rare and the fact that you make it out to be that way just shows how skewed the public perception is. 

It depends.  I only use Amazon myself if I’m out of options though for several of my relatives it’s a first line activity rather than a last line.   I don’t find them cheaper, or fasterI I oftendon’t find them more convenient.  It seems to mostly be a question of if you wound up with prime or not.  I never did. I am related to people who likely throw a majority of their income through Amazon though.  I’m not surprised they’re a gigantically profitable company. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.