pc won't boot with new 3070

Charles Legrerg

so here i am again. last week with 3070 doesnt fit on motherboard (fixed that, got a new mobo in today and it fits), and now my pc doesnt boot.

if my 750ti is in the pc posts like normal, and everything works, but if i puy in my 3070 the pc doesnt post at all (not even fan spin)/

i tried it after a bios update, and still nothing.

any tips ?

specs

r5 3600

b550 strix wifi

rtx 3070 inno3dichill x3

palit something gtx750ti

corsair rm650

2x8 corsair vengeance pro rgb ddr4 3600 cl18

500gb pny nvme

2tb seagate hdd

Update: i tired to rma it, sent it to proshop, it took them 2 weeks to take a look at it and today i got an email saying that everything works and they want 35 euros to send it back to me.

i am dont with it

this is such a huge bs, i guess im sitting on a  700 euro paperweight now

Update: I got it working somehow

Did you connect the PCIe power cables for the 3070? I presume your 750 ti didn't use any. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

12 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Did you connect the PCIe power cables for the 3070? I presume your 750 ti didn't use any. 

yea of corse i did, and even if the card doesnt get enough power it should still try to post

38 minutes ago, Charles Legrerg said:

so here i am again. last week with 3070 doesnt fit on motherboard (fixed that, got a new mobo in today and it fits), and now my pc doesnt boot.

if my 750ti is in the pc posts like normal, and everything works, but if i puy in my 3070 the pc doesnt post at all (not even fan spin)/

any tips ?

specs

r5 3600

b550 strix wifi

rtx 3070 inno3dichill x3

palit something gtx750ti

corsair rm650

500gb pny nvme

2tb seagate hdd

your psu sir, i pretty sure the gpu isnt supposed to eat psu at startup but maybe yes and clear cmos since some setting must be like, die bitoch

42 minutes ago, Charles Legrerg said:

any tips ?

specs

r5 3600

b550 strix wifi

rtx 3070 inno3dichill x3

palit something gtx750ti

corsair rm650

500gb pny nvme

2tb seagate hdd

Try getting a higher wattage psu  if you don't even get a power light after  troubleshooting wiring and motherboard as well as psu you could have a bad psu (Power Supply.)

21 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

your psu sir, i pretty sure the gpu isnt supposed to eat psu at startup but maybe yes and clear cmos since some setting must be like, die bitoch

i tried clear cmos. it didnt help

for the psu, im running a 650w psu, so the recomended spec, and that psu had no issues running a 2080 for over a year (i sold that 2080 last november)

18 minutes ago, rykjohnson said:

Try getting a higher wattage psu  if you don't even get a power light after  troubleshooting wiring and motherboard as well as psu you could have a bad psu (Power Supply.)

that psu worked with a 2080 system for over a year, same for the wiring etc.  when i have the 3070 in the system the motherboard rgb lights up, but pressing the power button does absolutely nothing (no fan spin etc)

1 minute ago, Charles Legrerg said:

that psu worked with a 2080 system for over a year, same for the wiring etc.  when i have the 3070 in the system the motherboard rgb lights up, but pressing the power button does absolutely nothing (no fan spin etc)

try making sure your or (All Cables) Are connected tight . Also Did you by any chance change any thing with your cpu including taking off  cpu cooler?

3 minutes ago, rykjohnson said:

try making sure your or (All Cables) Are connected tight . Also Did you by any chance change any thing with your cpu including taking off  cpu cooler?

IF  so with the cpu question make sure this isn't to much mounting pressure on top of cpu.

7 minutes ago, Charles Legrerg said:

Are you using 2 separate power cables? I've seen 3xxx series power issues solved on here by using 2 different cables and not the pigtailed ones.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Voluspa said:

Are you using 2 separate power cables? I've seen 3xxx series power issues solved on here by using 2 different cables and not the pigtailed ones.

i also agree with @Voluspa

9 minutes ago, rykjohnson said:

i had to swap my motherboard from a tuf x570 to a strix b550 since the gpu didnt fit. so i had to take the cpu out and the cooler off, but that wouldnt change anything since the system works with my 750ti.

i can also asure you that the cables are all tight.

4 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

yes i am useing 2 seperate power cables.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, Charles Legrerg said:

rtx 3070 inno3dichill x3

palit something gtx750ti

you have 2 GPUs one of which already needs a 650w psu all by itself, and a 650w psu? 

Either you didn't word that properly, or I know what the issue is... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 2/3/2021 at 3:25 PM, Mark Kaine said:

you have 2 GPUs one of which already needs a 650w psu all by itself, and a 650w psu? 

Either you didn't word that properly, or I know what the issue is... 

I didn't word it correctly.

I do have both GPUs but they aren't in the system at the same time.