Advice on compact tool storage for a small workdesk.

naesoong

Hello! Looking for a compact way of storing my tools for PC-Building, soldering, and keyboard building. It'll be just for some screwdrivers, a full iFIXIT kit (pro tech), fine-tip paint brushes, and an assortment of jeweler's tools. If anybody has any leads of where I should look for compact tool storage, let me know.

I can also send additional information about desk size/height constraints if necessary.

I'm not that sure you want something like a bag or something to store stuff at home?

can't you just put them in a drawer? 

Just go to the tool box section at Lowes/Home Depot/Walmart. There plenty of things for small organization.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

25 minutes ago, Lii said:

I'm not that sure you want something like a bag or something to store stuff at home?

can't you just put them in a drawer? 

Like a container, either a compact one on the desk or one that is easy to access under the desk. I unfortunately don't have a drawer that fits under the table as of right now, but that might be my best bet.

19 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Just go to the tool box section at Lowes/Home Depot/Walmart. There plenty of things for small organization.

Thank you, I was looking online and saw exactly what I needed, but it was triple the price. Looking here will definitely help.

Looking in your local (arts &) craft store you might get you some good stuff too, especially for smaller tools.

Storage meant for crochet tools for example, would be just about the right for some smaller jeweler tools, plus give adequate storage for some other small tools too. Example: https://www.amazon.com/ProCase-Knitting-Organizer-Circular-Accessories/dp/B07S59GRRQ/

A bag of some sort might work well too, like this: https://www.amazon.com/VOSDANS-Organizer-Knitting-Unfinished-Accessories/dp/B08NHNCF12/

With a bag, you do have to be careful though. A bag like this is designed to carry around knitting supplies, not heavy tools and may not be fit to be carried around with those supplies.

My go to is a hard carry case, kind of like a small toolbox. One with a large compartment below and a little tray at the top. Works well for me.

I am planning to get one of those organizers I linked above, for tools I use most often.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, naesoong said:

Thank you, I was looking online and saw exactly what I needed, but it was triple the price. Looking here will definitely help.

btw take note that most of what you'll see on stores are just rebranded crap, if you see something that you do like, do a reverse search on AliExpress, they will be cheap

so you can look into a store, and buy it later on online, or you can directly look on AliExpress/ebay and similar

or you can manage to do something diy, but usually those box things alike things are cheap a.f (like those (random link, you can find even cheaper ones))

16 hours ago, Lii said:

btw take note that most of what you'll see on stores are just rebranded crap, if you see something that you do like, do a reverse search on AliExpress, they will be cheap

so you can look into a store, and buy it later on online, or you can directly look on AliExpress/ebay and similar

or you can manage to do something diy, but usually those box things alike things are cheap a.f (like those (random link, you can find even cheaper ones))

I think ali express will probably be my best bet, both in terms of storage and just tools in general. Some hidden gems on there, and also not being royally screwed over via markups. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.