GTA IV picture quality issue

LinusSwagTips
Go to solution Solved by Almercenary,

1.0.4.0 isn't the best patch in terms of stableness.  ICEnhancer is ported to EFLC patch so you could try that, just back it up.  Could also be your newish GPU that it can't handle.  With my 7970 I had to use " -norestrictions -nomemrestrict" ( in launch options)to actually get it to work.

As we all know by now GTA IV  may be thee worst port in history (GFWL, glitches, terrible graphical settings ect.) but this takes it too far i don't know  why my game has started doing this but it makes the game unplayable if anyone has suffered form this problem and fixed it i would appreciate the help!

post-20415-0-23934700-1395437663_thumb.j

What GPU are you using?

When i first installed my 780ti It locked the lowest settings and resolution in and would not let me adjust,

the issue for me  was GTA IV does not support more than 2GB of VRAM Natively. 

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

What GPU are you using?

When i first installed my 780ti It locked the lowest settings and resolution in and would not let me adjust,

the issue for me  was GTA IV does not support more than 2GB of VRAM Natively. 

7870 so i dont have more than 2gb to worry about

Did you install all the patches?

not that i know of, i kept it at 1.04 because icenchancer and its been working fine for ages but today i finally gave into GFWL and it seems to have messed stuff up

not that i know of, i kept it at 1.04 because icenchancer and its been working fine for ages but today i finally gave into GFWL and it seems to have messed stuff up

Do you have a disc? Or do you have it through Steam?

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

1.0.4.0 isn't the best patch in terms of stableness.  ICEnhancer is ported to EFLC patch so you could try that, just back it up.  Could also be your newish GPU that it can't handle.  With my 7970 I had to use " -norestrictions -nomemrestrict" ( in launch options)to actually get it to work.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

ok thanks ill try it now!

thank you so much it worked!