Go to solution Solved by miXiTO,

It was the gpu if anyone will have a same problem

PC SPECS:

CPU:Ryzen 5 3600
GPU:EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11GB
RAM:DDR4 16GB 3200mhz
MOBO:ASUS PRIME B450M-K
SSD:Crucial MX 500GB

The problem is when I go into a game for example PUBG and set all ultra and uncapped frames its all good for ~1minute fps like normal (~140) but then it just crashes(not responding) Windows remains fully usable, so I open task manager and stop the program. Then I tried setting all settings lowest and cap frames around 80 so load on gpu and cpu is low. Ended up no crashing. Any ideas? Cause I am out of it :(

Things I tried already:

• buying new PSU 650w corsair cx650m
  • reinstalling windows
  • trying different GPU drivers
  • resetting bios to defaults (disabling XMP)
  • running all stock
  • using different SSD
  • taking out CMOS battery and putting back after couple minutes (RESETTING)
  • bought new case (LIAN LI LANCOOL 215) to get better temps(gpu and cpu around 65celcius playing games)
  • running prime95 and furmark together - no crash

1 minute ago, miXiTO said:

PC SPECS:

The problem is when I go into a game for example PUBG and set all ultra and uncapped frames its all good for ~1minute fps like normal (~140) but then it just crashes(not responding) Windows remains fully usable, so I open task manager and stop the program. Then I tried setting all settings lowest and cap frames around 80 so load on gpu and cpu is low. Ended up no crashing. Any ideas? Cause I am out of it 😞

Things I tried already:

• reinstalling windows
  • running all stock
  • using different SSD
  • bought new case (LIAN LI LANCOOL 215) to get better temps(gpu and cpu around 65celcius playing games)

Where is the problem ? Just find a setting between ULTRA and LOW that works. You don't have to run everything on super high settings.

9 minutes ago, miXiTO said:

PC SPECS:

The problem is when I go into a game for example PUBG and set all ultra and uncapped frames its all good for ~1minute fps like normal (~140) but then it just crashes(not responding) Windows remains fully usable, so I open task manager and stop the program. Then I tried setting all settings lowest and cap frames around 80 so load on gpu and cpu is low. Ended up no crashing. Any ideas? Cause I am out of it 😞

Things I tried already:

• reinstalling windows
  • running all stock
  • using different SSD

1. Does this happen in other games aswell? I see that you tested alot of stuff already, so this could be something really difficult to resolve. 2. What do you have running in the backround?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Just now, 1ppOverheat said:

1. Does this happen in other games aswell? I see that you tested alot of stuff already, so this could be something really difficult to resolve. 2. What do you have running in the backround?

Tried GTA V (don't have many games currently cause of reinstalls of windows), I tried running absolutely nothing in a background I used ameliorated windows on other ssd and all needed programs and no other soft running. But casually I have running: Discord, Steam(obviously), Precision X1 (to control fan speed) and thats it.

2 minutes ago, miXiTO said:

Tried GTA V (don't have many games currently cause of reinstalls of windows), I tried running absolutely nothing in a background I used ameliorated windows on other ssd and all needed programs and no other soft running. But casually I have running: Discord, Steam(obviously), Precision X1 (to control fan speed) and thats it.

Oh alright got you. Does the crash happen randomly or at certain moments for ex. when you're shooting, when you crouch, start sprinting, etc..?

something really difficult to resolve.

pls explain, i would like to know!

hey! i know to use a computer

Oh alright got you. Does the crash happen randomly or at certain moments for ex. when you're shooting, when you crouch, start sprinting, etc..?

So I played GTA V in a drift server which has more load on gpu then stock gta, so it crashed after like 30mins of playing. In pubg I capped my frames had no problems, but teammate threw a smoke nearby which ends up in heavy gpu load so I crashed, but If I uncap frames and set settings to max possible I crash just from running around in like a minute. Also tried csgo for like couple hours no problems there I get around 400fps there and load on cpu and gpu around 40% both.

temps?

what power supply?

Also dothe games just crash and freezer or does the system crash?

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

temps?

what power supply?

Also dothe games just crash and freezer or does the system crash?

read thread again I said the PSU, also said the temps and said ONLY game crashing windows remains usable

3 minutes ago, miXiTO said:

So I played GTA V in a drift server which has more load on gpu then stock gta, so it crashed after like 30mins of playing. In pubg I capped my frames had no problems, but teammate threw a smoke nearby which ends up in heavy gpu load so I crashed, but If I uncap frames and set settings to max possible I crash just from running around in like a minute. Also tried csgo for like couple hours no problems there I get around 400fps there and load on cpu and gpu around 40% both.

Since this doesn't happen randomly, its most likely your drivers (most likely GPU drivers in your case). Have you tried running the game in Windowed Borderless? I know that this might seem annoying, but it usually fixes these type of strange crashes. If you did, then i would try installing older Nvidia drivers (like one version older) or perform a clean install using DDU (but that would be one of your last options).

try to underclock the gpu and play the games again.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

ok ty I will try and tell you the results

2 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Since this doesn't happen randomly, its most likely your drivers (most likely GPU drivers in your case). Have you tried running the game in Windowed Borderless? I know that this might seem annoying, but it usually fixes these type of strange crashes. If you did, then i would try installing older Nvidia drivers (like one version older) or perform a clean install using DDU (but that would be one of your last options).

I tried 3 different versions of drivers, DDU them aswell game is running in borderless but gta v for example runs in fullscreen 😞

Just now, SavageNeo said:

@miXiTO if you're not familiar with that or if you don't want to do that, you could also try going into Nvidia control panel - Manage 3D Settings - Power management mode - set it to Adaptive or Prefer maximum perfomance.

@miXiTO if you're not familiar with that or if you don't want to do that, you could also try going into Nvidia control panel - Manage 3D Settings - Power management mode - set it to Adaptive or Prefer maximum perfomance.

its set to prefer maximum performance already tho 😞

Just now, miXiTO said:

its set to prefer maximum performance already tho 😞

Damn wtf... How old is the card btw? Did you buy it used?

Damn wtf... How old is the card btw? Did you buy it used?

yeah bought it used, its SC2 version dual fan card, replaced thermal pads and thermal compound and was playing everything no problem, literally got the problem after swapping the case... gonna try putting my pc on a table I guess OUT OF IDEAS :(((

Just now, miXiTO said:

yeah bought it used, its SC2 version dual fan card, replaced thermal pads and thermal compound and was playing everything no problem, literally got the problem after swapping the case... gonna try putting my pc on a table I guess OUT OF IDEAS :(((

This is just so strange.. Do you have any extra card to test playing PUBG with and see if it still crashes? This will help determine if its the GPU or not. I'm pretty sure that this is software related though. If it was hardware related then the crash would be more "dramatic" lets say lol.

This is just so strange.. Do you have any extra card to test playing PUBG with and see if it still crashes? This will help determine if its the GPU or not. I'm pretty sure that this is software related though. If it was hardware related then the crash would be more "dramatic" lets say lol.

I might try asking a friend for a gpu, thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, miXiTO said:

I might try asking a friend for a gpu, thanks for your help.

No problem, always glad to help. If anything comes up, feel free to come back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

It was the gpu if anyone will have a same problem