Error (0x800f0922) when updating windows plus messed up partitions!

Hold-Ma-Beer
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
8 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Have I messed up somewhere because a possible reason for this error is not having enough space in reserved partition (As per google search)

Pls help聽馃槩

Yes, you did mess up. Disconnect the HDD from your PC, then reinstall Windows on the SSD, then connect the HDD back.

Hello,

I just bought a SSD and did a clean install of Windows on it. After that, I tried deleting the windows partition on my HDD and this happened..

1.thumb.png.0b5c2514a167c5c2c12b1828702d9521.png

I allocated 100GB to windows and remaining to softwares, but while trying to update windows, it gives me error聽(0x800f0922) saying "We could not apply the updates. Undoing changes"

Have I messed up somewhere because a possible reason for this error is not having enough space in reserved partition (As per google search)

Pls help聽馃槩

8 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Pls help聽馃槩

Yes, you did mess up. Disconnect the HDD from your PC, then reinstall Windows on the SSD, then connect the HDD back.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody鈥檚 pocket.

4 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@WereCatf

O_O

Is there not any other way

O_O

No. You have deleted the recovery-partition, which Windows needs and your EFI boot-partition is on the wrong disk as well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody鈥檚 pocket.

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Technically you could've installed windows onto a different disk and cloned the recovery, as they are the same across UEFI installs - but oh well 馃檪