Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sapphire RADEON HD 7770 1GB problem!

After a clean install of Win10 Pro, I doubt the GPU is causing flickering, black screen and freezes. What could be the cause of this problem? The driver is the latest installed. Is it a driver issue or something to do with the GPU itself?

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

Full specs of your system?

I decided to make a new signature, but I don't know what to put in it.

Go here for now:

18 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Full specs of your system?

The PC is a friend mine I forgot to mention, so here are the specs.

motherboard: msi h55m-e23
CPU: i3 540 @3.07 GHz
RAM: 8 GB (4x2)
SSD: 250GB
HD: 1TB

The PC is over 10 years old, 11-12 years old I think. But I doubt that the GPU is dying. So IDK what could else be the problem.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

PSU?

Go here for now:

4 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

PSU?

He doesn't know, but both of us doubt that the PSU is generic 500W. It's certainly not a brand PSU.

The PSU is old and probably dying.

PSU life is 7-10 years, closer to 7 if not quality.

Go here for now:

3 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

The PSU is old and probably dying.

PSU life is 7-10 years, closer to 7 if not quality.

I see so it's either the PSU, which certainly is, or there is a possibility that the GPU is dying. Like mb downclocking the GPU could help?

1 minute ago, F.E.A.R. said:

I see so it's either the PSU, which certainly is, or there is a possibility that the GPU is dying. Like mb downclocking the GPU could help?

PSU more likely.

Replace it anyway - old PSUs can kill things.

Go here for now:

17 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

PSU more likely.

Replace it anyway - old PSUs can kill things.

It was the PSU that started to kill the GPU. So both the PSU and GPU are for a replacement. Between an RX 550 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB which is better?

1 minute ago, F.E.A.R. said:

It was the PSU that started to kill the GPU. So both the PSU and GPU are for a replacement. Between an RX 550 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB which is better?

According to a few benchmarks I found, GTX 1050.
How much are you paying for it?

Go here for now:

3 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

According to a few benchmarks I found, GTX 1050.
How much are you paying for it?

The card is around 50-60 euros new.

Just now, F.E.A.R. said:

The card is around 50-60 euros new.

Get it!
It's hard to find basically any used card for not MSRP or higher.

Go here for now: