The PCIe risers that come with NZXT H1 cases are a FIRE HAZARD

dan8ball

Recently people discovered that a screw can cause a short with the PCB of the PCIe riser that is included with NZXT H1 cases. Gamers Nexus did two videos on this thoroughly testing this issue and they have found that is a certain fire hazard. Instead of me trying to explain, I will link the two videos:

- Unsafe Computer Catches Fire: NZXT H1 Case & BLD Serious Problems - YouTube

- NZXT is Irresponsible & Dangerous: H1 Riser Fire Hazard Should Be Recalled - YouTube

Now, I've searched out of curiosity to see if any other youtubers have made a video on this issue and I found this video from ShortCircuit that actually showcases one of the H1 cases:

Don't wait for the Xbox Series X! - NZXT BLD H1 Gaming System - YouTube

I went into the comment section and I've seen people say that they have bought this case so that means they are at risk if not made aware of the issue. I replied to the ones that I saw, but as you can imagine not everyone that bought that case commented on the video.

Let's try to make someone from LTT aware of this so that they at least pin a comment on their video informing people of this issue. I have also sent an e-mail to info@linusmediagroup.com if it's of any importance.