Fractal Design Announces IPO Plans

ToboRobot

Summary

After failing to sell the company completely, Fractal Design the Swedish case maker, is planning to go public on the NASDAQ while the company is growing, giving investors a chance to own a piece of the company.

Quotes

Sweden-based Fractal Gaming Group AB, better known in PC DIY circles by the moniker Fractal Design, is planning to raise cash via a US Nasdaq IPO.

My thoughts

Given the wsb reddit activist investors, perhaps gamers should unite and start buying shares in PC companies and running them for gamers by gamers...

Sources

Fractal Design announces Nasdaq IPO plans - General Business - News - HEXUS.net

Fractal intends to list its shares on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market - Fractal Gaming Group (cision.com)

Meh.

I personally have no interest in owning Fractal stocks.

Their current market is quite limited in scope, mostly aimed at individual system builders and while they are usually quality products, I don't expect them to stay profitable forever unless they get a few deals with a bunch of SI.

Now if they did other stuff, like RAM, peripherals and what not... Encroach on Corsair's playing field... well who knows. But lets just say I don't often see fractal products be recommended on Build lists, except maybe a case.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

if i buy £150 worth of stonks do i get a complementary meshify 2

Unlikely but dividends could perhaps be used to acquire catgirls

I don’t see much reason to own Fractal stocks. They’d have to win contracts with some of the bigger OEMs (HP, Dell, Acer, etc) for long term growth, and even then, that’s a big “if” once the pandemic dies down. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

11 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Summary

After failing to sell the company completely, Fractal Design the Swedish case maker, is planning to go public on the NASDAQ while the company is growing, giving investors a chance to own a piece of the company.

Quotes

My thoughts

Given the wsb reddit activist investors, perhaps gamers should unite and start buying shares in PC companies and running them for gamers by gamers...

Sources

Fractal Design announces Nasdaq IPO plans - General Business - News - HEXUS.net

Fractal intends to list its shares on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market - Fractal Gaming Group (cision.com)

Yeah, that's not what happened with WSB. WSB realised that there was an opportunity for a short-squeeze because there were a significant volume of short positions against GME. The result is history (or soon to be), as retail investors buy shares in droves it drives up the price, which means that the hedge funds holding short positions against GME are required to make their margin calls at the end of the day, and also are required to buy shares as their short positions close driving up the price of the shares.... Rinse, repeat. 

However, that said, it Fractal could still be a good investment for everyone. 

11 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Meh.

I personally have no interest in owning Fractal stocks.

Their current market is quite limited in scope, mostly aimed at individual system builders and while they are usually quality products, I don't expect them to stay profitable forever unless they get a few deals with a bunch of SI.

Now if they did other stuff, like RAM, peripherals and what not... Encroach on Corsair's playing field... well who knows. But lets just say I don't often see fractal products be recommended on Build lists, except maybe a case.

So what you are saying is
I need to short their stock

10 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Yeah, that's not what happened with WSB. WSB realised that there was an opportunity for a short-squeeze because there were a significant volume of short positions against GME. The result is history (or soon to be), as retail investors buy shares in droves it drives up the price, which means that the hedge funds holding short positions against GME are required to make their margin calls at the end of the day, and also are required to buy shares as their short positions close driving up the price of the shares.... Rinse, repeat. 

However, that said, it Fractal could still be a good investment for everyone. 

I didn't explain what happened with WSB nor did I compare the two situations.  I am actually sick of everyone trying to explain shorting stocks, as if they just learned the fundamentals of investing from Warren Buffet.  I've heard Louis Rossman, Linus, Matt Taibbi and others explain the details of trading, and it's nauseating to hear it over and over again.  

I mentioned WSB and GME, because it shows the power of the retail investors (or gamers).  If WSB wants to get together to short a stock cool, if gamers want to own a part of the PC business, here is an opportunity.  Or short it, I don't care.