Opinions on GALAX video cards

umugumu

Can you guys tell me your experiences/opinions with GALAX video cards? I read some reviews online but couldn't reach a conclusion on whether they are really bad constructed or have a good bang for the buck.

8 minutes ago, umugumu said:

Can you guys tell me your experiences/opinions with GALAX video cards? I read some reviews online but couldn't reach a conclusion on whether they are really bad constructed or have a good bang for the buck.

Galax/KFA2 are solid. No issues with them imo,

If you get a HOF card they look like the bees knees with the white PCB and cooler.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Ummm I realized I posted this on the wrong section. Sorry for that.

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Galax/KFA2 are solid. No issues with them imo,

If you get a HOF card they look like the bees knees with the white PCB and cooler.

Oh wow, I didn't know about these HOF ones! They sure do look great, but are not available anywhere in Brazil... at least for now.

1 minute ago, umugumu said:

Oh wow, I didn't know about these HOF ones! They sure do look great, but are not available anywhere in Brazil... at least for now.

Yeah, they're pretty rare. And tbh usually completely overkill for anything else than hardcore LN2 overclocking^^ But good

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

1 minute ago, -iSynthesis said:

Yeah, they're pretty rare. And tbh usually completely overkill for anything else than hardcore LN2 overclocking^^ 

Oh boy, I never even imagine myself doing that unless I become a millionaire or something lol

Galax is fine. You don't hear a lot about them because they aren't sold in North America and most of the popular PC YouTubers and enthusiast sites are USA or Canada-based. Their Hall of Fame line is highly regarded. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Galax is fine. You don't hear a lot about them because they aren't sold in North America and most of the popular PC YouTubers and enthusiast sites are USA or Canada-based. Their Hall of Fame line is highly regarded. 

Oh so that's why I didn't find a lot of reviews and stuff on YT about them in English, even though there was some content in Portuguese.

BTW @Middcore can I ask you what cooler are you using on your main PC? And do you recommend it? I've been wanting to get myself a 5600X.

10 minutes ago, umugumu said:

BTW @Middcore can I ask you what cooler are you using on your main PC? And do you recommend it? I've been wanting to get myself a 5600X.

I use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition with SickleFlow V2 120mm fans in push/pull. It's fine. I haven't overclocked the CPU. It idles in the low 40's and games in the high 70's. My case has "eh" airflow. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition with SickleFlow V2 120mm fans in push/pull. It's fine. I haven't overclocked the CPU. It idles in the low 40's and games in the high 70's. My case has "eh" airflow. 

Thanks, I'll put that one on my list of components to search more about.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:04 AM, umugumu said:

They are sold here in Asia-pacific and I think parts of EU as well(?)... alongside Inno3D and Colorful iGame. Just like Vulcan OC-V, their HOF card also has a freaking screen and is their top of the line. 

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

10 hours ago, Astrogene said:

They are sold here in Asia-pacific and I think parts of EU as well(?)... alongside Inno3D and Colorful iGame. Just like Vulcan OC-V, their HOF card also has a freaking screen and is their top of the line. 

They're sold here in Brazil too, and with good prices. That's what made me look more into them, but couldn't find a whole lot of content on some of the units...

Nice. They are defo. good. 

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans