do you think I should get a different psu for this system?

carmadman

do you think I should get a different psu for this system? if so then please tell me which one to buy.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jd39Bc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 35.14 CFM CPU Cooler  (£26.97 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£74.92 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory  (£68.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£42.75 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.47 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: Palit GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB StormX OC Video Card 
Case: Aerocool Bolt ATX Mid Tower Case  (£34.65 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Aerocool Integrator 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£38.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £321.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-30 18:59 GMT+0000

Never, EVER, EVER cheap out on the PSU.

Get a Tier B or A PSU, instead of a Tier D.

Look here:

elephants

Yeah, it's quite a poor quality PSU, to say the least.

Either of these two units would be a much better purchase, while not being a whole lot more expensive:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/pn9tt6/cooler-master-mwe-bronze-v2-450-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-mpe-4501-acaab-us

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na

If anything, you could ditch the aftermarket CPU cooler and save some money there since you really don't need it, especially for such a low power chip.

Also, on another note, there are 2x8GB 3200 CL16 memory kits cheaper or about the same price as that 2666 CL16 kit you selected, which would be a better pick.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 hours ago, WikiForce said:

should be fine, as i always say, reputable brands PSUs are overrated and other brands can make quality stuff too despite being signifcantly cheaper as i have seen with many Indian brands.

Of course other less popular brands can make quality stuff. This is not the case, though.

15 hours ago, WikiForce said:

They can and they do. Using a great little budget psu myself for almost 5 years now and got one for my brother as well couple of week back. How can you be so dead sure?

I'm not saying that they can't. I'm just saying that this particular unit is bad. Almost every brand have released both bad and good quality units. For example, Aerocool has some pretty good units, e.g. Aerocool Project 7 (review). So you need to recommend a particular unit not a brand. Also, I can ask you the same question: how can you be so sure that the PSU we are talking about is good? Because from what I can find, it is the opposite of good:

I'm not telling people that they need to buy $100 power supplies when their system doesn't cost more than $500. But I also don't recommend buying the first PSU they see in the store without doing any research. You can buy a much better unit for not that much more. For example, much better quality Corsair CV450 only costs £1 more. And for £10 more you can buy even better Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 450W.

Lastly, you saying that your PSU is running just fine, doesn't mean much. Maybe it works for you, sure. But maybe it doesn't work for other 500 people that bought it. You would never know the full picture. That's why reviews exist and that's why you need to base your buying decision on them and not on the experience of one person.

If we're still talking about that Aerocool, it has only one review from 2014. Maybe it was passable in 2014 (as you can tell from the rating the reviewer gave) but the unit that is sold now has been downgraded (check the link that I posted previously). Knowing that, I wouldn't recommend powering anything with that crap.

If we're now talking about your current PSU, I haven't found a single proper review. This unit has been working for you for so long because your system doesn't even draw 200W under full load. If it were powering something more power hungry, that wouldn't be the case.

-= Temporarily Locked =-

-= Topic Cleaned =-

I have removed the subsequent derailing and back-n-forth.

Answer the OP's question, do no debate the difference of PSU's Tiers; we already have topic for that discussion.

Additionally, if those of involved continue said removed discussion warnings will be issued.

-= Unlocked =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 1/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, WikiForce said:

should be fine, as i always say, reputable brands PSUs are overrated and other brands can make quality stuff too despite being signifcantly cheaper as i have seen with many Indian brands.

I do somewhat agree - I wouldn't trust a no name psu tho... and despite what internet boards seem to think, having enough wattage (and basic protection) is the most important thing. 

A lot of prebuilts have cheap PSUs with none adequate wattage (like 350w or so) and they very often fail... (worked in a repair shop for a year so I know) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

<removed by staff>

42 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

good gaming grade GPUs, they sell bronze rated 550w and 750w for extremely competitive price.

yeah that's what I meant, that does sound like a "reputable" brand to me then... but it's not the same as the OP wants to get I suppose? 

ps: from a review of aero cool integrator 

Technically the unit is unremarkable. Load regulation is decent and it didn’t shut down during our Cross load tests. When we pushed it beyond its 600 watt rating the protection circuitry kicked in, which is very reassuring – especially when dealing with a budget power supply equipped with lower cost components. Positively, it could deliver a 600 watt load for a long time, so the company are not mislabeling the unit.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/aerocool-integrator-600-watt-psu-review/

Sounds kinda what I expected and kind of "ok" 

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

it has all major protection and they are famous for their cases and gaming chairs in India and have little PSU market as well over here and many Indian tech Youtubers have mentioned that they are a good cheap low budget alternative, something similar with my brother's recently bought PSU as well, they are pretty well known their peripherals such as gaming rgb mech keyboards and some other great stuff as well and making lots of hype with their cheap yet good gaming grade GPUs, they sell bronze rated 550w and 750w for extremely competitive price.

So them selling cheap gaming chairs and RGB keyboards means that they also make good power supplies? What are you even trying to say?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC