Cheapest 3200-speed motherboard? (CAN)

Go to solution Solved by SimplyChunk,
13 minutes ago, AmateurHermit said:

How much would a Z490 cost, canadian?

If you want a Z490 though.聽 Check this out

Prices are US 馃槈

Currently looking for a motherboard on a budget, already bought my RAM and on a tight budget. Any good motherboards I can get for less than 200 canadian?

What is a "3200-speed motherboard"? is this supposed to mean a board that supports 3200mhz RAM? For what CPU, AMD or Intel? Buying your RAM before anything else and then choosing the rest of the parts around that is, frankly, a bass-ackwards way to build a PC.聽

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.聽 If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

what cpu?聽

just about all motherboards support 3200mhz.聽

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro聽

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

what cpu?聽

Intel i5 10400F

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What is a "3200-speed motherboard"? is this supposed to mean a board that supports 3200mhz RAM? For what CPU, AMD or Intel? Buying your RAM before anything else and then choosing the rest of the parts around that is, frankly, a bass-ackwards way to build a PC.聽

Yeah, a board that supports a 3200mhz. Sorry for lack of detail lol, made the post from work and just got home. It's an intel CPU, and the RAM was on sale so I bought it, wasn't the first thing I bought tho. My first build so I'm obviously not super knowledgeable on this stuff.

Depending on the Intel CPU you got, it may or may not even support 3200mhz RAM, since Intel nerfs RAM frequency on everything except their top end stuff to arbitrarily segment the product lineup. What chip is it?聽

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.聽 If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, AmateurHermit said:

Intel i5 10400F

only Z490 boards will let you clock your ram to 3200.聽 There are rumours of B class boards that will let you do this next gen but i suspect that will be locked to the 11th gen CPUs too.聽

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What chip is it?聽

he already said and 10400F

聽With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Depending on the Intel CPU you got, it may or may not even support 3200mhz RAM, since Intel nerfs RAM frequency on everything except their top end stuff to arbitrarily segment the product lineup. What chip is it?聽

It's an Intel 400 series 10400F聽10th gen cpu with an LGA1200 socket.聽

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Also you're wrong about this.聽 It's the boards that lock ram speed not the CPUs

聽With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

only Z490 boards will let you clock your ram to 3200.聽 There are rumours of B class boards that will let you do this next gen but i suspect that will be locked to the 11th gen CPUs too.聽

13 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

HA!

6 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Yeah I didn't see, only noticed the reply to me I got a notification for.

I think you're correct about it being the board chipset that limits the RAM frequency, but there would be little point in shelling out for a Z490 board to pair with a 10400F just to get more RAM speed. Like I said, building a system around the RAM you want to use doesn't make much sense.

@AmateurHermitif you got a good deal on the RAM (although I'm sort of afraid to ask) I wouldn't worry about it much.

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Yeah I didn't see, only noticed the reply to me I got a notification for.

I think you're correct about it being the board chipset that limits the RAM frequency, but there would be little point in shelling out for a Z490 board to pair with a 10400F just to get more RAM speed.聽

@AmateurHermitif you got a good deal on the RAM (although I'm sort of afraid to ask) I wouldn't worry about it much.

I got 3200 DDR4 2x8聽for $100聽CAN or 78 USD (shipping and tax included). I could've tried to get it for less, but where I live good computer parts for budget builds are scarce. Plus shipping costs extra for me because of how far away from most stores I am.

3 minutes ago, AmateurHermit said:

I got 3200 DDR4 2x8聽for $100聽CAN or 78 USD (shipping and tax included). I could've tried to get it for less, but where I live good computer parts for budget builds are scarce. Plus shipping costs extra for me because of how far away from most stores I am.

Don't worry about it too much man.聽 You're not limited to boards that will let you clock your ram to 3200.聽 The B class boards will still work with the RAM just at JDEC speeds that's all 馃檪

13 minutes ago, AmateurHermit said:

Prices are US 馃槈

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Prices are US 馃槈

Thanks man! Really appreciate the in depth information and friendliness. Really gonna help me keep within my budget 馃檪