CPU 1.7V VCore after wake from sleep and BSOD soon after

ragedev

Hi, 

I seem to be having an issue with waking from sleep as the detected voltage goes to 1.704V after waking from sleep. It's happened three times now and its getting annoying. Soon after waking, it has a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and after it restarts, its completely stable until the next time it wakes from sleep again.

Can anyone help me figure out why this happens?

NB: My normal voltage is 1.355V.

post-53276-0-84970400-1395418082.png

§ ragedev.net §

reset cmos? and update bios 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Hi, 

I seem to be having an issue with waking from sleep as the detected voltage goes to 1.704V after waking from sleep. It's happened three times now and its getting annoying. Soon after waking, it has a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and after it restarts, its completely stable until the next time it wakes from sleep again.

Can anyone help me figure out why this happens?

NB: My normal voltage is 1.355V.

1.355V is high for everyday use  in the first place.  you may have damaged the cpu or the board over the long term.

legopc is correct reset cmos, remove overclock and tune it in again.

1.355V is high for everyday use  in the first place.  you may have damaged the cpu or the board over the long term.

It didn't happen before and I have used these settings for quite a while now. At first I thought it was the RAM so i downclocked that to 1600MHz.

In my opinion 1.355V is well within safe limits for Sandy Bridge-E, I have done much higher voltages than this before.

§ ragedev.net §

1.355v is perfectly safe for Sandy Bridge

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I have also noticed Intel Watchdog fails after sleep (According to XTU) which may be the reason why it BSODs.

§ ragedev.net §

reset cmos? and update bios 

Sounds good to me! :D

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

OK I reset BIOS settings and there is still a vcore increase. I am acutally quite concerned now as it doesn't appear to be a false reading. The temperatures are much higher than normal (15C+ on idle and hits 83C just opening and closing stuff and my normal max load temp is only 71C). I have no idea what is causing this.

§ ragedev.net §

• 4 weeks later...

Small update:

It turns out that power savings mode in the BIOS caused it to spike every time. This happened with older BIOS versions as well

§ ragedev.net §